Chapter IV

Cloud gets in the passenger seat and Anna gets in the back. 

“Do you remember anything from last night?” Anna asks.

Cloud thinks. “I remember we were trying to find Sephiroth. We heard he was down here. I went on my own and I came across this park, and then nothing. I was hoping to find him alone but instead.... I just.” He trailed off, lost in words.

“That’s alright. That’s perfect.” Anna says.

“So, what do you plan on doing?” I ask.

“I don’t know. I was kind of planning on going back to Edge.” He says in a saddened tone.

“Alright. Then we will go to Edge together. It’s about.... 4563 kilometres away. So it will take about three days to get there.” I say feeling ambitious.

“Yeah, an adventure!” Anna says happily in the back seat.

We all laugh. “Really. You’re willing to drive me back?” Cloud asks surprised.

“Of course. Anything for a friend.” I say with a smile.

We go to Anna’s place and she packs what she needs. She grabs cloths, accessories, hair and tooth brush. Also, I call up telling her to get all her gil. She has 940gil she has stashed and her card, which has 13’003gil on it. She has 13'943gil all together. We go back to my place and I get what I need. Cloths, hairbrush, toothbrush, etc. I also grab my card, which has 16'023gil on it and the 2340gil stashed. I have 18'363gil with me. I find out that Cloud has his card and it has 23'163gil on it and also 2124gil that is in his wallet. He has 25'288gil with him. So that means we have 57'594gil with us which will be more then enough for our trip. I throw my stuff in the trunk and we drive off heading towards Edge. The plan is to drive for fourteen hours per day. Driving at 100 kilometres an hour on the highway. At 11pm, we decide to find a hotel. We find one, get a room and settle in.

“I’m having a shower. Just letting you know.” Cloud says.

“Alright.” I say and Anna is busy doing something else. He closes the door and I hear the shower start.

Anna try’s to pull out the couch, but seems to have trouble. I go over and help her out.

“So, who’s sleeping where?” I ask.

“I want to sleep here, if that’s ok with you?” she says.

“Yeah, that’s totally fine with me, I don’t care.” I say back with a smile.

Anna smiles back and gets her bed ready. After 10 minutes, the shower stops. Anna lies down and reads a book. I sit on the bed at the back rest, closest to Anna. Cloud comes out with his shirt off and just his pants on.

“Do you two mind? Me like this.” He asks nervously.

“No, you’re alright.” I say.

“Nope. You’re good. I’m going to bed thought. Night.” Anna says, while turning over towards the window.

“Night.” Me and Cloud say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh quietly.

“So, we’re sharing a bed?” he asks.

“Yeah. Anna wants to sleep there.” I reply back.

“Oh. You going to bed now?” he asks happily, also in a whisper.

“Yeah, we got a long drive a head of us. We might want to get a good sleep. Even though you two can sleep in the car.” I say with a smile and I whisper back.

“Oh, that’s true. Wait, you’re driving all the way?”  He asks kind of confused.

“Well yeah. I didn’t think you guys would want to drive. Well not Anna in the morning. She is not so much a good driver in the morning.” I say with a giggle. He smiles.

“Oh well, if you don’t want to drive, even for an hour or so. Just let me know.” he says with a smile. Being generous.

“Alright. Thanks.” I say and smile.

He smiles back. He shuts the lights off, and climbs into bed, beside me. I get under and I turn the opposite way.

“Good night, and thanks.” he says.

“No problem. Good night.” I say back with a smile then close my eyes, soon drifting to sleep.