8

I follow Tiffany to her bedroom and close the door behind me, leaning my back against it. I watch as she stands by the dresser, and starts to remove her earrings. She sweeps her hair aside to reveal her pale, creamy neck. Her actions are strangely hypnotic.

Normally, I have incredible self-control.

Normally, I have never substituted ninety per cent of my blood with alcohol masquerading as disgusting tea. An incredible urge to kiss her overcomes me.

“Just out of curiosity, when would you deem it appropriate to have a first kiss?” I ask strategically.

Her hands stop briefly in mid-air then resume detaching her earring.

“First kiss? On the second date – if it’s gone well.” She replies casually however, her breathing quickens slightly.

“This could count as our second date.” I say slowly walking closer to her.

“When was our first?”

“In Japan, at the hotel.” As I walk past her bed, I let my hand trail along the edge of the covers.

“And how is this our second?” She’s finished removing the earrings and has turned around to face me. Her eyes are dark and she nervously licks her lips.

“We had dinner together.” I reason.

“Along with other people.” She counters.

“So? People go on double dates, triple dates. We just had a group date.” I reach her and purposefully place my hands on either side of her, pinning her to the dresser. I slowly lean in, bringing our faces close together.

“Even if this is our second date – ” She says with a teasing smile. “What makes you think it went well?”

I pause. Our lips are just an inch apart.

“You invited me to your bedroom.” I can’t help a grin.

“I had no choice.”

I can feel the heat rise off her body. “Here’s your choice. Either we can spend the night debating logistics, or you can kiss mmph.”

She closes the distance between us, capturing my lips in hers. Our kiss is long and deep and deliciously slow. My hands slowly run down her sides whilst hers are firmly planted in my hair. She opens her mouth. Our warm tongues slide against each other. I gently suck on the tip of her tongue, making her inhale sharply. Her grasp on my hair tightens. Oh God she tastes so good. Smoother than any whisky, finer than any wine. Just decadent. She takes my hand and leads me to the bed. I push her down on the covers, the weight of my body on hers. This time I pepper her neck with open mouth kisses. Gently sucking, nibbling and licking the soft, white skin. Her head falls back as she gasps. Once I’m satisfied, I bring our lips together again whilst sliding the hem of her dress up, tenderly skimming my fingers over her silky thighs. She moans softly into my mouth. My whole body is ablaze with hunger for more. Her hands move to the zipper of my dress, slowly pulling down –

Thwack!

Something hard, suspiciously cane-like, strikes me across the back of my head. Bright dots fill my vision and my body goes limp. My last thought before I lose consciousness is...

I should learn to lock doors.