Ticking Backwards

12:00 AM

"Um, Mes - I mean, mi'lady… shouldn't we wait for a better moment? Because he -" An attempt to stall.

"No. We're taking him today. There might not be another chance." A dangerous smile. "Why? Getting cold feet?"

He shuddered, backing up. "No no. I'm good. Totally on your side."

Mesperyian's smile widened.

"You'd better be, Solace."
~

11:30 PM

Nico was floating.

Perhaps that was a bad word for it. What he really felt like was mixture of sensations ripping at his body his body, of which included, but were not limited to:

1. The occurrence of a Leo Valdez-sized "mistake".

2. The inside of Khione's refrigerator.

3. And a jackhammer pounding on his head.

All inside a large block of jello, where he seemed to be suspended.

Nico had absolutely no idea how any of it'd happened.
~

11:00 PM

Voldemort grinned a bloodthirsty smile, blood red eyes glinting. He was glad he'd kept those eyes. Sure, having his old face back was nice, but the red eyes were a pleasant addition.

All the better to petrify you with, my little mudblood prey. He chuckled. There was a demigod - a healer, no less - on his side now. A demigod. A child with a god's power, yet still human and manipulable. (Unlike someone else, who was only working for him due to a… a crush.) His smile took on a smug twist. There was no way Voldemort could lose now.

Right?

But traitors - double crossers - exist too.

Right?

We have his father. There's no way he could betray us.

Right?

(Wrong. The son of Hades would see to that.)

But Voldemort didn't even know he was alive.
~

10:30 PM

Firenze escaped.
~

10:00 PM

Riddle gritted his teeth. Harry Potter had gotten away, as Nico and Thanatos dragged him back into his wand; binding him back into his place. So terrible were his sins, it seemed, that he couldn't even be happy with the death of even one defenseless child. In the end, there really had been no way for him to rise up from defeat; he was now just another expendable servant, tangled like a helpless fly in the giant spider web of Fate.

But then again, he was Tom Marvolo Riddle. He'd expected this.

So now, despite all the odds, he still fought back with all his might, even as his actions dragged him further into the darkness.

I hope the other me is doing better.

Then again, Nico didn't even consider Voldemort himself to be the real enemy.

What chance did Tom have?
~

9:30 PM

The child smiled, casting her spell. Two hours time. Two hours, and her Mistress's enemy would die.

Sayonara, son of Hades. No one can survive my power.
~

9:00 PM

The first wave of monsters had already crested the horizon.

The wizards of Hogwarts continued on, oblivious.
~

Now.

Hell on Earth had broken.