Halloween Birthday

Ruby's POV

Today was Halloween, one of my second favorite times of the year besides Christmas

Today was Halloween, one of my second favorite times of the year besides Christmas.  Today was special for another reason, I was born on Halloween.  Surprising right?
Today is the day I turn seventeen.

This year, I didn't ask for a birthday party.  All I really wanted for my birthday was to be with my friends and the most important person to me, Oscar.  We are all going out to a Haunted Maze to get scared.  That's my friends for you, we always love to scare each other at this time. 

I chuckled as I remember before our Fall Break, Nora hid in Ren's closet at his dorm and waited the whole time to jump out and scare him.  It was hysterical!  Pyrrha even scared Jaune enough that it made him faint.  I wonder if I can try to scare Oscar. 

Every year, I fix my outfit of Little Red Riding Hood to make sure it fits.  I tried it on and sure enough, it did fit. I made myself ever since I was three and always added more as I grew.  It was mostly a black outfit with a red hoodie.  I smelled at myself in the mirror and I was all ready.

"Hey Rubes!" I heard my Dad call from the living room. "Your pipsqueak is here."
Oscar's here!
Ever since my Dad finally learned that I'm dating him, he's been calling him that every time.
"Coming!"

I placed the hoodie over my head and ran to my Dad to give him a kiss on the cheek and I walked outside and my whole face turned into a bright red as I saw Oscar's outfit.

"Too much?" Oscar blushed as he rubbed the back of his head. "It's bad isn't it?"
I had to cover my face as it grew hot. He wore wolf ears on the top of his head and his clothes were all raggy and ripped.  He must have made the muzzle that covered his mouth and nose.  He even had a tail!  He was the Big Bad Wolf!

"No." I tried to hold my fangirl in. "Your adorable!"
Oscar blushed deeply with a smile.
"You really like it?" He asked.
"I love it!" I walked closer to him and I couldn't help but gently pet his wolf ears.  He acted silly but cute as he closed his eyes and leaned in, making a purring sound and using his hand to wag the tail.

I laughed and kissed his nose, "Your such a dork."
He giggled happily with more blush.  I didn't realize he was holding something until I looked at it.  It was a present wrapped in Halloween colors. 
"Oh", Oscar blinked as he remembered and gave it to me, "Happy Birthday Ruby."

I took it in my hands and shaked it to try to guess what it was.  
"You didn't have to Oscar", I said as I began to open it.
"I know but I wanted to."
I just smiled at that and opened it to the box part but what I could is that it was shipped from Amazon.
"Here", Oscar gave me his pocket knife.
I took it with another smile and cut the tape. My eyes sparkled as I saw them.