Chapter 2

"I'm back." He announced.

Your eyes darted around the room, it was nice. Cosy.

You noticed a man sitting on the couch. He had long black hair and was wearing some sort of scarf.

You assumed it was the hero's caretaker.

"Oh you're back, it's pretty damn late you know." He frowned.

"Sorry uncle."

The man's eyes shifted towards you.

"Is that Your girlfriend?"

"No." He replied quickly.

"Then why'd you bring her home at such a late time." The man raised an eyebrow.

The purple haired boy ruffled his hair a little annoyed with the teasing.

"She's just...a friend." He hesitated before answering.

"She's staying over for the night because her parents are out of towm for the weekend."

The man sighed and nodded.

"Alright, she can stay in the other room. What's your name?" He asked.

"(Y/n) (L/n)" you whispered as you looked away.

You were shy around adults for some reason, well at least when you weren't trying to rob one.

With that, the boy led you upstairs and showed you to your room.

The room was clean and was a table with stationary and an empty bookshelf.

You sat on the bed and noticed how soft it was.

The bed was rather empty despite its size. But it was most probably a guest room or something so there were probably not many people who stayed here.

You were so intrigued in the room that you didn't notice the boy taking a seat next to you.

You shifted a little since it felt kind of awkward. You didn't really have good social skills since you've spent the majority of your life alone.

"S-so, what's your name?" You stuttered.

For fucks sake, why were you getting nervous around him. It's not like you cared or anything.

"Shinso Hitoshi."

"Oh...that's an interesting name." You blurted out.

He tilted his head slightly.

"Thanks?"

You shook your head, "I didn't mean it in a bad way though..." you nervously corrected yourself.

"It's ok." Shinso reassured.

You smiled a little and before you knew it you started to doze off.

The two of you sat in silence for awhile.

You were so exhausted from today that you could barely stay awake. Your eyelids were like curtains of lead and you struggled to keep them open.