CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Becca sat uncomfortably in her car outside of Sebastian's airBnB. Her long, fiery red hair dangled across her face as she attempted to think of a game plan.

"You've got this," she quietly reminded herself. "It's only Sebastian. You can do this." She took a heaving breath in, and looked at herself in her rear view mirror. As she exhaled, she swiftly nodded, and exited the car.

Once Becca reached the door, she hesitated. Her hand hung just above the door in a fist, ready to knock whenever she was ready. Unfortunately for her, the door opened before she could mentally prepare once more.

"Becca?" Sebastian wearily asked once he saw who stood in front of him. She smiled softly at him as he pulled her into a friendly hug. "It's been so long since I've seen you."

Becca shifted slightly, beginning to pull away from Sebastian. She looked at him in an up-and-down motion. He looked tired, disheveled, sad. His eyes hung down, and dark circles surrounded them, swallowing them. She looked at him sympathetically.

"Oh dear," Becca muttered before following Sebastian inside. She closed the door behind her and went straight to the couch.

"Sit," she commanded, patting the area next to her. He chuckled under his breath and went to the couch, sitting in the spot Becca had saved for him. She closed her eyes for a moment, breathing heavily.

"I wanted to apologize on Veronica's behalf," Becca began, slowly opening her eyes. She could see Sebastian roll his eyes.

"If she wanted to apologize, she could've done it herself," Sebastian bitterly announced. Becca gave him a look that screamed "seriously?"

"She has. Multiple times. I can't even count how many times she called you, only to have it go straight to voicemail. Or how many times she texted you, never receiving a reply," Becca kicked off her shoes, maneuvering herself until she was sitting on her knees. She placed an arm on a couch cushion, using it as a head rest. "There's no way around it Seb. You're being a real ass right now."

Sebastian looked away from Becca, his gaze moving to the window. "I know," he began. "It just hurt. It felt like my wedding day all over again." Sebastian looked down at the floor.

"I want to help you both, I really do," Becca gently said, putting a hand on Sebastian's shoulder. "Let her talk to you. She's a mess, you're a mess. Just try to see her side. Please."

Sebastian nodded, bringing his head back up, a slight smirk on his face. "Did you really just say I was a mess?"

"Yeah. You look like shit right now," Becca retorted, removing her hand from his shoulder. Sebastian began scanning the room, twisting and turning around his seat. "What are you doing? What are you looking for?"

"What am I looking for? I time when I gave a shit about your opinion," Sebastian declared. He tilted his head to the side and shrugged his shoulders. "Can't seem to find it."

"You haven't changed a bit Seb," Becca giggled, playfully punching his arm. She began standing, as did he. They hugged once more in a goodbye embrace. "I'll see you soon. Once you and Roni make up, we can all hang out again. Just like old times."

"Baby steps Bec," Sebastian quietly stated as they pulled away from each other. "I heard you're moving back to New York. Is it official?"

"As of now, I believe it is. Once filming wraps, I think Ron and I will talk about it in more detail, but I think we'll be back." Sebastian smiled, excited that they would be back, despite his current relationship with Veronica.

Becca headed to the door, opening it. Before walking out, she turned to Sebastian. "Think about what I said." Before he could respond, the door shut.

Does anyone else ever think about breathing and it suddenly gets a lot harder to do? Like when you consciously breath, it becomes more difficult, or more stressful, for lack of a better word? No? Just me? Ok.