4.Sweets

The town came into view, dirt roads, small houses, a few small production areas, and beyond the town were large rice fields. Different vegetable gardens littered the areas around houses. It wasn't the smallest of places.

It had basic facilities, a smelter, workshops, as close to a cafe as to you can get in an area like this.

As soon as they reached outskirts of town, they were attacked.

And by that, Chrollo meant, attacked by children. They came in a stampede, clustering a round them like bees to honey.

They swarmed Azuma.

"Azu, Azu! My brother was mean to me!"

"No Chisaki was the one who started it! I wasn't being mean!"

"Azu!!! What'd you bring, what'd you bring!?"

"Can you please play with us!"

Such cries were heard. Chrollo was rather relieved that they didn't seem to pay him much mind.
.
.
.
But if course, no good things can last, and just as he thought that, the children changed their focus. To him.

"Mister! Who are you!?"

"Are you Azu's husband!?"

"Play with us to!"

Suddenly he was surrounded by children bombarding him with questions.

One innocent wide eyed girl asked... "Are you the person Azu has finnaly decided to sex with?"

Chrollo nearly choked. This girl...did she even know what that meant?! Chrollo looked over to see Azuma cherry red. "All of you! Quiet! He's just a traveler that is under my care right now!" She shouted.

The kids quieted down. Azuma's face also cooled down. Azuma continued walking, Chrollo followed, along with all the children. Eventually the pair passed the town outskirts, and started to walk into the center town. The houses weren't exactly large, but they were more than shacks.

Probably about two or three rooms each, with the fanciest having an upper level, or in rare cases, two. Almost none had glass. There were shop stands set up in the town center. Vendors calling out, attracting attention from passing travelers.

Chrollo paused, from what he knew, most Taki villages were usually smaller than this. Azuma noticed his slight confusion. "I guess you noticed, this town is larger than most. It's in region with good fertile soil, not to mention, my medicine, so it became so town instead of a village." Azuma explained. As if she anticipated Chrollo's next question, she continued. "However it's in a bad geographical location, so its not as large as it would be."

Chrollo nodded in understanding. Even if a place has plentiful natural resources, if they're not very special resources, and the place isn't in a good geographical location, for example, being insulated, or far away from major towns, the place won't experience exponential growth.

After all, Geography is Everything.

"I see." Chrollo finally answered. They continued into the market. By now most if the children had run off, to play, or do whatever normal children do. Chrollo felt just a little longing, he wondered how it might be to live normally, free of pressure and responsibilities...

He shook his head. He shouldn't think about that. His responsibility as the head always comes first, above all else. An old woman came over. She was waving at Azuma. "Azuma! Nice to see you again!" The old lady boomed, with an unexpectedly loud voice for such a small stature.

"Ah, Halchi! Good morning, we're here for market as usual." Azuma answered with a smile, returning the greeting. It seems Azuma comes down for market all the time. Chrollo decided to stay quiet, he should simply observe.