Book III: Cutting Your Losses

Start from the beginning

     "All three of you, in the brink of an apocalypse stood in front of your people. All three of you, including King Eulogimenos, used your own private ships to get people to safety. If you could care about all people in the way you cared for your own, there would never be any need of war. The three of you, together with two more, will continuously decide what is best for the benefit of all of Alrest, not just your own nations."

     "Two others?" Emperor Niall asked.

     "Yes, a representative of Leftheria. And, Emperor, as part of the treaty I would like you to release control of Gormott and allow them to become their own nation," I said.

     "And why would I do that?" he asked.

     "What's the reason you took Gormott in the first place?"

     "For land, of course. For when Mor Ardain's titan lost its life," he responded.

     "With this treaty, all nations will receive equal amounts of land from Elysium and will each have more than enough land. People will be able to enter any province at any time, regardless of birthplace. So if someone doesn't like Mor Ardain's climate, they can move to Uraya, Gormott, or Leftheria with ease. Thus the land will be equally spread. Any abundant resources from one province will be shared with all provinces. All wealth, resources, and land will be shared equally with everyone."

     "And how about decision making?" Zeke asked.

     "Majority rules. Each province's leader will receive one vote. The province's leaders will take a vote from each of the province's citizens. It is then up to the leaders to heed the voice of the people. If the votes of the people are evenly distributed, then the leader will cast the deciding vote."

     "And what if one of the leaders were to be evil?" Raqura asked.

     "Then it will be the job of the other leaders to take notice. If majority votes that one leader is uninterested in the betterment of Alrest, then that leader shall be voted out, receive punishment for crimes, and then a new one shall be elected by the province's citizens."

     "And what punishment shall occur?" Niall inquired.

     "Any leader who is dethroned may have more influence outside of leadership than he did while in leadership. This punishment, to avoid any civil war, shall be a quick, painless, and immediate death."

     "That seems reasonable," Zeke stated, to the other leaders' dismay. Zeke quickly explained himself. "Any leader who fails to serve his or her people in every way that he or she can is not fit to be ruler. So by threatening death for failure to carry out laws and hold honor should be a great motivator in not choosing to fail us all as a people."

     "Agreed," I continued. "This will ensure that people like Praetor Amalthus aren't kept in power as they have been."

     "But Amalthus was in power much longer than any of us were alive! We had no way of knowing all of the horrid things he had done. How do we keep that from happening?" Queen Raqura added.

     "Simple," I replied. "Mythra, KOS-MOS, and Adenine all have knowledge of events that had happened long ago. While there see many others like myself who have learned through unnatural methods the events which took place 500 years ago, they were actually there. Together, they will compile a book containing all of the events that can be found from as far back as can be remembered. After that is done, any blade that exists from this point on will be required to write down all the events that take place in journals, to be sent back to the established capital immediately after death and be added to history. No blade will have to lose their memories because all data will be kept and be available for viewing at any time. The journal must contain the following: Blade Name, Detailed Description of Blade Appearance, and Recordings of History according to the blade itself. These journals will be distributed by the government itself and will be tracked via the GPS's found in both Ardanian and Urayan ships. If a blade dies and the journal is in the middle of a forest where little human activity is present, we'll know exactly where it is."