My Life Just Got A Whole Lot More Complicated

Chapter 9

"Have you ever met someone for the first time, but in your heart you feel as if you've met them before?"

-JoAnne Kenrick

"Can I burn stuff now?" Mick growls in Snart's ear. I reach for my dagger, my powers again pulling at the edge of my fingertips, waiting for me to unleash it. But I wasn't an idiot. Never reveal everything to the enemy. Though I don't think my team understands that...

Mick and Snart are burning and freezing anyone in their line of sight, Kendra and Carter flew in and attacked a few men with mace in hand, Sara was beating the crap out of anyone with her bo staff, and I don't know were the professor or Ray are.

I turn around after stabbing a guy, spotting Ray fly out of the professor's pocket and punching the man who checked credentials in the face. Ray, who I thought would be the one to not use his suit, flew around, knocking goons around them.

A huge explosion (most likely created by Mick) knocked a few men down, and Savage was glaring intently over the battlefield. I was knocking out the men with Sara, switching and ducking in since.

I had to duck under a blast from the cold gun as Snart fired it wildly. "WATCH IT!" I scream at him, and he just chuckles and continues firing in the opposite direction.

I notice Kendra and Carter coming in on Savage, so I decide to leave the fighting to my other teammates. I slowly walk up to the stage, punching a few guards in the throats and stomachs as I go by. Standing next to the hawks, I feel my powers again tugging at the edge of my fingertips, and I have to resist the urge to set them loose.

"Savage," Carter growls, mace swinging back and forth from his hand.

"Prince Khufu." He acknowledges. "As always, the fashion plate..." He says, throwing a dagger aimed right at my heart. Before my powers released, Carter knocks it away. "And your better half... or should i say halves"

He says, looking towards me and Kendra.

"What do you mean, better halves?" I growl, fingers itching at my dagger.

"Ahhh I see. You still don't remember do you, Princess Rehema?" He laughs darkly. Recognition and shock floods into Carter's features and I just look at him dumbfounded.

Kendra, just as confused, shakes her head. "This ends here and now, Savage. You're coming with us."

Savage just smiles wickedly. "I doubt you three can apprehend me... and stop a nuclear explosion!" He yells, pushing a big red button on the nuke that we had 'bought'. Savage starts running, but guards start surrounding us.

Still in shock, I find myself getting lazy with my attacks. I notice Jax running in and merging with Stein.

Sara looks at the warhead. "Um, we got a nuclear bomb here!" She shouts. Ray flies into the machine, but the clock that was at two minutes went down to thirty. Fail-safe. I groan.

"Ray! What did you do?!" She yells. He flies out, casting a quick glance to Sara and back to the bomb.

"I didn't do anything. It must have a fail-safe." He calls back. I face-palm and dodge as a bullet flew past my head. Carter grabs my arm lightly as another one barely misses my forehead.

"Get back to the ship." He growls. I shake my head and continue fighting. Jax and Stein fly the nuke out of the warehouse, and I just hope they can get it out in time.

An explosion shakes the very foundation of the building as I hold my head waiting for the shaking to stop. I look outside to see scorched trees, and Firestorm standing in a hole that was still on fire. I clap in amazement.