Part 17

Marinette POV:
(im mad at adrien so he doesn't get a pov to explain himself)

My heart pounded as I watched the butterfly flutter towards me. In the park, I saw Adrien notice the akuma and he jumped from his seat, his smile gone. He followed the trail of the butterfly and made eye contact with me. I stared into his eyes, his gaze burning into me as I saw worry control his features.

"Look away, look away." I whispered, my hands balling into fists.

It's as if he heard me because he snapped out of his shock and ran to god knows where.

"Tikki, spots on!"

I transformed and headed to my roof.  My hands shook as I used my yoyo to purify the akuma.

"No more evil doing for you, little akuma." I released the white butterfly and smiled, "Bye bye, little butterfly."

"Ladybug! What happened? Where's Marinette?" I heard Chat Noir's panicked voice from behind me.

"She's safe, everything's under control, chaton." I smiled.

"How did you... how did you get here so fast? Before she was even akumatized?" Chat asked.

"I was ... in the area." I lied, looking away from him, "I better go. Bye, Chat."

I left, going into the bakery to detransform. I snuck back into the house and made my way to my room.

"Marinette? Where are you?" I heard Chat call.

I opened my trapdoor and saw the black cat standing in the middle of my room.

"Is it gone?" I squeaked.

Chat's head snapped in my direction and suddenly he was crouched in front of me, "Yeah, it's gone. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine. I don't know what happened, I usually stay positive but I guess ... I guess the pain was too much to handle." I sighed.

"What happened, Mari?" He placed a hand on my cheek.

"I - I ..." My eyes welled with tears and one spilt over, Chat immediately wiped it away, "Someone really important lied to me."

He frowned, "Maybe he didn't."

I looked up, staring into his emerald eyes, "Yes, he did. He said he liked me, then he's taking some girl on a date. Why would he do that?"

"Well, who is he?" He offered me his hand.

"... Adrien Agreste," I took his hand and he helped me up.

"I'm sure there's a good explanation as to why he was on that date," Chat smiled, "Because why would he want anybody but you?"

"You sly kitty," Marinette giggled, "I'll talk to him later. Thanks for checking on me, Chat Noir."

"Of course, princess. Until we meet again," He bowed.

Marinette laughed as he exited through the trap door.