16

We walked down the corridor. I was with my scientist.

Yeah we got caught.

On the bright side, they said I could meet him again.

The room was a bit different from last time. Fire place, books, couch, coffee table but this time there was a nice little rug.

"What's with the rug?" I asked trying to make conversation

"Just get in," My scientist said

"Awww," I said walking in

I grab a book and sit on the couch. The elements of nature. I could use this. I start reading. Wind, thunder, ground, damn there's a lot.

This probably shouldn't be here.

I could use this.

I could hear the door behind opening. I pretended not to notice to see what he would do. I could hear him walk in, grab a book and sit next to me.

"How are you today?" He asked

"Alright, How about you?" I responded putting my book down

"Good," He said, "Would you like to read this with me?"

I looked at the book, It was full of medical information, "Sure,"

We both move round so we can read together.

The first pages were about the history of the medical world. I don't know what was cooler, ice pick through the face or electrocution. Once ready to turn the page I waited for him.

He seems to be doing more than Reading, He's taking the information in. Once he was finished the page he looked at me.

"Have you finished the page?" He asked

"Yup," I responded

He turned the page, the writing was smaller so I moved closer. He didn't seem to mind.

This page was about the great plague. I roll my eyes and read. It was just about how it spread about, what they did with the body's and how they tried to cure it. It was interesting. I finished the page and waited for him.

I waited for a few minutes, nothing...

"Doc? Are you alright?" I asked looking at him

"Is there a chance, your infected?" He asked not looking away from the book

"W-What?" I stupidly stuttered

"It says the plague infected different creatures, are you infected?" He asked again

"No, It means fleas and Rats," I explained.

"What if, by chance, you are infected?" He paused, "I don't want to lose you,"

"Okay, if at all, you sense any infection at all, you can operate, but I can assure you, I'm not infected and you will not lose me," I re-ensured him

"Good," He said, he wrapped his arm around my neck

I wrap mine around his body.

"Alright Freaks! Get against the wall!" I could hear the Guards shout

We let go, put the books on the table and go against the wall. I turn to see a metal collar with metal poles attached getting clipped onto his neck. I sigh as he gets dragged away, I felt the bracelet attach into my ankle. I automatically changed to fire. I walk out the door and to my scientist.

"Where's the guards?" I asked

"Just coming," They responded

"What's this? Your actually talking to me now?" I said sarcastically

Three guards walk over, one in front and two behind. We all walk back to my cell. Once in the bracelet unclipped. I placed it onto the floor, it opens up and swallows it. I change back to ice.

Why so gloomy?

Please just shut up

Oh come on!

No

How about, you let me out, I'll get you out of here and I'll leave you both, forever

What?

You heard me

I

It's a solid deal

Okay, but at night

Brilliant!!!

Silence.

This is a horrible idea

But it get her away, Right?

Time Skip

As all the Scientists and Guards left I get ready.

Once they are all gone, I let her out. As I release the red ice it turns to fire. A body forms amongst the flames.

She stands, "Thank you,"

"Please, just keep to your word," I said, feeling weaker already

She blasted the door open with all her strength. She walks away, "As much as I hate to say it, I'm gonna miss you,"

I smile under my mask. I walk out and look for Doc.