Chapter 1 - Who am I? What is this place?

Pale summer moonlight shimmers on the seafloor. An octopus, unaware that dawn will bring capture, Rests within a trap, dreaming fleeting dreams... - text from the game.

Kyle's POV Start

My head... It hurts so much... Wait... Who am I? I can't remember anything. I was trying to open my eyes, but failed. Then I tried again. I could hear someone.

- AHOY! OCTOLING!

Octoling? Who is he talking about? Am I an Octoling?

After my eyes started to have a normal vision, an old man, who was in front of me, continued to speak.

- Up and at 'em, ya lazy whiffle-whaffle!

Me?! Lazy whiffle-whaffle?! I'll try to think I didn't heard about it.

- This fight ain't over! Prepare for a royal whoopin'!

What the hell is he talking about?!

I was trying to stand up, but failed.

- Whoa, whoa. Calm down there. - he said. - It seems you are very weak.

Finally I could to normally stay on my legs.

- Well... There is no honor in defeating an unarmed opponent... - he continued. - And you seem to have lost your weapon somewhere around here.

Unarmed opponent? He wanted to "kill" me(slenderm1khail(Me) - splat.)?

- But it doesn't matter right now. Last time I remember, you were beating my protége, Agent 3, in Octo Valley... when you suddenly attacked by someone.

Agent 3? Why is that name sounds so familiar?

- And somehow we got marooned here... So, uh... hows about we call a temporary truce while we find a way to escape? - he asked me.

I couldn't understand anything, but nodded and said

- Okay...

- That's good, my boy. Oh, where are my manners, by the way. I even didn't told you my name!

Well now that's interesting.

- I'm Cap'n Cuttlefish, leader of the legendary New Squidbeak Splatoon. - he answered to me.

New Squidbeak Splatoon? Why is this sounds SO familiar to me? And Agent 3... Damn it! I can't even remember how she/he looks(slenderm1khail(Me) - Cap'n Obvious...Of course you can't remember, cause of LOSING! your memory).

- And you are...?

- I... I... can't remember, I'm sorry. - was all I could say.

- No way! - Cap'n couldn't believe it. - You don't remember anything?! Anything at all?!

I just nodded.

- Well... It seems you have amnesia, my boy. - Cap'n said. - And it's problem is cause you've been hit the ground pretty hard.

Good point. - I said in my mind.

- Well... Can you try to atleast remember how you look? - Cap'n asked me.

- I think... - I said.

slenderm1khail(Me) - Wait wait wait!!! Spoilers from the game!!! Are you sure you want to know the REAL look of Kyle? Yes? Okay.

What can I remember about myself? I am a boy - 1, I have a pink hair, which has one tentacle on it - 2, my eyes are blue - 3. This is how I look.

- Most interesting. - Cap'n said to me. - I noticed you were humming the Calamari Inkantation right before you came to...

Calamari Inkantation? Anx then I understood + remembered. This is the favorite song of the popular Squid Sisters girls, Callie & Marie. Wait... How can I remember that part and can't anything from my past? Now this is interesting.

- Could it be? Was this heavenly song etched into your very soul?!

- It seems like it is. - I said to Cap'n

- Alright. I heard tell of Octarians whose souls were etched by those squidtastic grooves...

- Grooves? I looked at myself. It was true. I was wearing grooves. But whuch is the other part of my clothes?

- But that was a couple years back, during Agent 3's battle with DJ Octavio. - Cap'n said

DJ Octavio... I can't remember anything about him. Who is he?

- Still... I can't shake the feeling that this is related somehow. - Cap'n continued. - In any case, sorry for siccing Agent 3 on you back there.

- No, it's okay, Cap'n. - I said - I forgive you, even can't remember anything about it.

- I'm glad to hear that. - Cap'n answered back. - Any fan of the Squid Sisters is a friend of mine! I mean that with all my hearts.

- Wait... how do you know about them? - I was confused.

- Let's talk about that later, okay? - Cap'n asked and I just nodded. - Now let's get moving! Let's find a way outta here!

I started to take a look. This place... it some kind of... metro? Me and Cap'n came inside of the train.. Then I noticed some pink ink to the left side of mine plus I could see something white.

Is that an exit? - I thought to myself.

After I made it to the "exit", there was something big. Some kind of... chest? Box? Can't understand.

- What in the devilfish is this place?! - Cap'n asked - Proceed with caution...

- Okay. - I said and came closer to the "box".

- Hey - that's an Octarian vault! - Cap'n said. - You need a key to open it.

I need a key... but where should I try to find it? Then I noticed a second part of a road(Agent 7(Me) - Road? Seriously?). But it seemed awfully suspicious, as the doorway I had to step through had two giant yellow foot icons.

Cautiously, I step on the platform. But after I did it, the platform's permimeter(Agent 7(Me) - Da hell?!) lifts up to form walls. I was trying not to panic. Then a screen appears on the glass. It displays a small, brick-like gun and a checkmark next to it. After I clicked it, the glass recedes into the platform. Before I started to seek for the key, I noticed I have a gun in my hands. With no time to seek for a answer about the gun, I started to destroy these strange looking crates, which were in the room. While I was shooting, ink flys through the air and its mark. I was destroying the xrates and the weapon leaves a trail of ink. With no time to waste I transform into my octopus form and swim throught it.

"Well, Bucko! You seem to know how ink works already!" - Cap'n said to me. - "I'm impressed you still have your muscle memory."

I continued the work - destroying the crates. I was shooting until one of the crates reveals a ride rail to the top of a small platform. There was another one crate, which revealed another one ride rail, which I used as well. It takes me up to another platform with more crates. I break them and there was a strange looking object on the floor, which I took.

- A key! - Cap'n said - Now we can use it to get rid of the vault.

I started to leave the room. After I stepped on the platform, it trapped me again. One second later I was free. I walk back into the hall, but I wasn't having weapon anymore.

This thing stole your weapon back! - Cap'n shouted.

After I was in front of the vault, I used the key. An Octarian vault was vanished. Me and Cap'n thought that we found the exit, but we were wrong.

- Where in the name of The Great Zapfish are we? - he asked.

This place, where we were now, was a railway station.

Kyle's POV End

slenderm1khail(Me) - And...Here it is. The first chapter is here.