Chp 8. the boy behind the bookshelf

I looked at my crop top...aka my new pastel pink crop top that I had just bought on Sunday, which I wore instead of my normal school button up shirt.

My crop top was completely stained in cranberry juice. Ryder then immediately looked down and he panicked. He didn't have a jacket on him so Tyrone offered his jacket to me but he got cut off by Ryder taking off his top and putting it on me.

Ryder's ears were slightly red and he yanked Tyrone's jacket and put it on himself. Geez...what was that about? Man, I could've used the jacket but Ryder insisted. I tuck his oversized shirt into my shorts and it looked good, apart from the fact that the neckline was a bit too big for me.

I was then yanked by Bella over to a bench away from Ryder and Tyrone. "Broooo, did you see that 6 pack?" exclaimed Bella whilst half drooling. She then did something very...very very very weird.

She grabbed onto my/Ryder's shirt and smelt it. Aha..yes...I just said it. Let me repeat. Bella flipping grabbed the shirt I was wearing and inhaled it like it was some kind of other godly air that was needed for her survival.

"B-Beellllaaaaaaaa" I yelled as I yanked back 'my' shirt. She looked up at me and she grinned cheekily. She's always been the classic Bella I loved. I was getting confused with my feelings...

Ryder was always known for being a playboy and as for Tyrone, he was kinda forced into being with Bianca 24/7.

The bell rang for form and I decided to sit alone. Ryder was playing 13 and Tyrone was just observing. As for Claire, she looked at me with sad eyes then went back to talking with Bianca. Man, I wish Bella was in the same form as me.

I sighed heavily and slouched in my seat until I felt some warm hands on both my shoulders. I looked up to see Ryder smiling down on me. "Why're ya slouching?" he exclaimed. I then sighed again and remarked "Form is boring," He looked at me then over to Claire.

"Oh...well, you can play 13 with the guys and I if you want (:" I ended up joining them in 13 and lost all my games. Crii... There was 15minutes until the first period starts and guess what?

Bam, went the door as Beatriz walked in...In my mind I was like "Bish, you're 10 minutes late, get the hell out" She ended up getting a scolding from the teacher.

"Okay guys, the camp is starting next week so here are your permission slips." I took mine and I smiled, yay camp. I breezed through the first 2 periods and when I closed my locker, Tyrone was standing there smiling.

He rubbed the back of his head nervously and looked me in the eye. **In my mind** Oh my god, what's happening? why so serious, oml... "So...are you free on-"

"OMG, Ty, I was looking everywhere for you! You need to help me all week to choose a dress to go to my bff, Tiff's massive birthday party!" screamed Bianca as she grabbed and hugged Tyrone.

It was getting awkward so I smiled at them and walked away. My heart kinda hurt...actually no, it felt like a heartbreak. Maybe he wanted to take me out and then tell me he's dating Bianca.

*Beep Beep* I got a message from Bella saying that she was in the library so I decided to head there as well to clear my head. I couldn't find her since our school library was so big. I decided to look for a book to read and I stumble upon thsi pretty book I found.

I reached to grab it but it didn't even budge.
"Huh? It's not letting me grab it," I exclaimed whilst kinda embarrassed because it made me use a lot of my strength to try to get the book out. I heard a familiar voice from the other side of the bookshelf.

"Why the fudge is this book not coming out, did someone super-glue it?" called the familiar voice. "Uhm, excuse meeeee, I saw this book first, may you please let go?" I asked in the sweetest voice.

"Excuse me? Nononono, I saw and grabbed it first so you let go," called back the voice. I got kinda pissed and I pouted
"I'm not letting go, hmph,"
"Aha, suit yourself cheeky one," called the voice from behind the bookshelf.
"Who are you?" I asked whilst still holding onto the book.

"It's rude to ask others who they are without introducing yourself first," said the voice.
"You're no fun," I said cheekily. I heard him laugh. "How long are you planning on holding onto this book?" I asked.
"Until you let go...Let go you, short peasant," said the voice.

"How do you know I'm short huh?" I asked
"I can see a bit of the top of your head," he said whilst laughing. My grip on the book was slipping so I quickly re-grabbed it and I touched his hand. I blushed a bit and then I full on grabbed onto his hand.

He quickly let go of the book and I grabbed it and I ran out of the library. I heard him call
"That's not fair, you play dirty, you didn't even tell me your name,"

I smiled brightly and I called back without turning around,
"You didn't tell me yours,"
he then yelled

"Cheshire, call me Cheshire," and he immediately got shushed by the librarians. I laughed and I kept running, I ran down to the basketball courts and I saw Bella.

"Where were you?" I asked, she then said.
"I was in the library but you never came so I left," I then gasped,

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I met this weird guy today at the library and we were fighting over a book we both grabbed, I never got to see his face and he never got to see mine,"

Bella smirked "Ooooh, sounds like a love story waiting to happen," I laughed hysterically at her and I said "He didn't even tell me his real name, he told me a weird fake name, by the way, where are the guys?"

Bella moved closer to hug me and she said "Ryder went to do some study in the library and Tyrone probably went to do some important," I sighed deeply then said,

"I really wanna know who that guy I met at the library today was,"

Thank you for reading! Love you all <3
Credits to ilubyouu for the bookshelf idea 😊

My Complicated LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara