Chapter 1- Karma

(??? POV)

Cold, black, fear, where am I? I couldn't tell where I was. all I knew was that I was... Floating? I was submerged in a kind of liquid. voices. they seemed to surround me. why can't I see them? I realised my eyes were closed. that was kinda dumb I though to myself. I opened my eyes to reveal a lab. I was inside a sort of glass cylinder which pumped liquid in. it was keeping me afloat. I noticed monsters rushing through the chamber and looking at monitors. they seemed to be regulating the tube. and showing the scientists my own condition. why were they doing that. i was perfectly fine. i knocked on the glass separating myself from them. they all looked at me startled. i waved and suddenly felt sort of conscious of exactly what i was doing. i also realised that in no situation would they let me escape. i felt two sensations inside of me. One i recognised as hunger. i was STARVING! i clawed at the glass trying to get outside where i knew food was. it was some sort of primal hunger that just clicked into my... heart? no not heart, SOUL! My mind just seemed to learn these things about myself. i hadn't experienced anything except this continuous floating sensation yet thoughts formed inside of my mind easily. what the heck? aaaaaand apparently i also knew some words most wouldn't have ever taught me ever. i slammed my paws onto the glass and it didn't even vibrate. Two monsters in white lab coats were writing down my actions. both were skeletons. the taller one seemed to be in charge. i did the first thing that went through my mind. i crossed my paws as i floated in this god forsaken liquid. the shorter one looked up and his eyes widened in surprise. he started talking to the taller one and while they had their little chit chat i was trying to find a way out. i looked up. the filtering system seemed to be fitted tightly. no way up. i looked down. same situation. was there any way of escape? suddenly i had an idea.I closed my eyes and concentrated. with a sudden surge of power the glass shattered and i yelped in surprise. i wasn't trying to break anything. the liquid gushed away and pulled me with it. A sharp pain slashed my back and i yelped, barked and hissed in pain. the liquid spilt onto the floor. i ended up sprawled on the ground. i groaned and went to move my paws. i couldn't. my blood ran cold. why couldn't i move. i strained to move any of my limbs but they wouldn't budge. i growled and concentrated. when i opened my eyes again i was beginning to get scared. nothing happened. i was still sprawled out on the ground and unable to move. i tried to see why i couldn't move with my peripheral vision. i couldn't see anything. thats when my eyelids began to droop. i felt really sleepy. No i have to stay awake i thought not wanting to put myself in danger. a voice said "whats wrong little pup? you look tired. why dont you take a little nap?" i tried to stay awake. i will say that much. i couldn't move, i couldn't do anything. maybe sleep was the best way to attack this problem? so i closed my eyes and stopped struggling. and i slept.