Chapter four: The Pitt

I've been at Summer and Nicks for a week now. Everyday Nick has gone and checked the house on the way to work to see if there's any sign of Mom. The house is still dead.

Right now I'm sitting in art class sketching out a drawing of moon shining on water.

Layken is at the front of the class mixing up water colour paints.

I sketch out the ripple of the water where the moonlight is going to be shining.
I have my earbuds in, blasting Post Malone.

Drawing and doing art while listening to music is my calming remedy.  This is my favourite class so far.

Today everyone can draw whatever they want for their watercolour paintings. I drew the moon because why not.

"I have the watercolours mixed up! Go ahead and take a palette!" Laiken points to the stack of palettes with every colour on it.

I stand up and go to the front and grab one. I return to my seat carefully handling the water paints.

I carefully outline all my lines with fineliner. Then I start taking strokes
along my water.
My music changes to Happier by Marshmello and Bastille as I start on the moonlight shining on the water.

A few moments later someone enters the classroom. I look up to see Winnie.

"May I help you?" Asks Layken looking up from her desk with a smile.

"Um I transferred into this class from 5th period poetry." She answers shyly.

"You must be Winnie! I'm Layken your teacher!" Says Layken scurrying over to her side.

"Hi." Says Winnie with a small smile.

"Well let's get you a seat!" Says Layken.
"Looks like there's one behind Skye."
Layken points a finger in my direction.

"Ok." Says Winnie smiling a full smile now. She heads down the aisle and plops down behind me. She leans over and wispers in my ear,

"How old is the teacher?" She asks.

"23. Why?" I reply.

"Just wondering." She says before sitting back in her chair.

Layken comes down the isle holding a canvas for Winnie.

"Here, this is for you. We are doing water colour painting today. The picture can be your choice, so have fun." Layken tells her.

"Ok,thanks!" Winnie smiles.

At the end of class, Winnie has made a beautiful painting of a meadow of flowers.

"I never knew you were an artist." My eyes gaze over the painting.

Her cheeks turn pink, "I've done a few drawings, you know here and there."

"Don't be shy. You're pretty good." I reassure her.

"Thanks." The pink floods away from her checks.

"No problem." I give her shoulder a light punch before going to turn in my painting.

That night~~~~~

I close the apartment door with a silent click.

Swinging my backpack over my shoulder, I make my way to the elevator. I press the button for the lobby and wait.

Finally the doors open and I book it through the lobby and outside. I pull on my hood and walk to the near by bus stop. I arrive there right when the bus has pulled up to the curb and I hop on.