Chp. 87

Chapter 87: My Dad Must Be A Fake

Ever since Zhang Heng uttered those words, Zhang Heng's grandfather was sullen and his anger brewed in silence.

"Dad, what's wrong?" Zhang Heng's mother stood at the side and looked at him obsequiously. Her tone was meek and gentle. She felt that Zhang Heng's grandfather was angry because she went out on a date with her husband that day, leaving him alone and lonely in this empty mansion.

That must be it!

"Dad, there was a reason why we didn't bring you along... Can't you forgive us~ We will bring you anywhere that you want to go. How about that?"

Old Master Zhang grabbed his walking cane, banged it on the floor, and stood up from his chair. He looked at the table filled with food and yet, the person who would usually made an appearance wasn't here.

... Zhang Heng, you punk. You dare to disobey your grandfather!

Zhang Heng's mother and father looked at each other, frowned, and kept quiet.

Zhang Heng's father whispered into Zhang Heng's mother's ear and asked: "What's wrong? I don't think he is angry with us... Wasn't he happy before and said that this way, he would soon have another grandson...?"

From the side, the housekeeper heard Zhang Heng's parents whispering. She came over and explained: "Young master came back the night that you were not around. He even brought a pretty handsome man home. Afterwards, I went out to throw the trash but when I came back, I saw Old Master Zhang sitting on the sofa sullenly. It was most likely related to young master and that man."

"..." Zhang Heng parents looked at each other and smiled. It seemed that Zhang Heng still couldn't let go of him.

In that case, let your parents assist you! Without any prior notice, Zhang Heng's parents wanted to assist their son in hopes that he would be able to settle down soon.

But what should they do about that stubborn old man?

Zhang Heng's grandfather was the person with the most power and prestige in the Zhang family. If he said east, then no one could go west. It even extended to his own son. Old Master Zhang was also severely opposed against Zhang Heng's father's marriage. Hence, Zhang Heng's parents were able to empathize.

As for how Zhang Heng's parents finally got together, that was a story for another time. The crux of the matter was that it would be much more difficult for Zhang Heng and Gu Zhun to persuade Old Master Zhang.

"Dad, we are full. We will go back to our room first as you slowly finish your meal." Zhang Heng's mother found an excuse to leave the scene and pulled her husband along so that they could have an 'important discussion'.

"Hold on!" Old Master Zhang finally spoke and glanced at Zhang Heng's father with a piercing gaze, "Why aren't you going to work?"

"Dad, did you forget? I don't have to go to work today... haha..." Once he finished speaking, his wife dragged him up to their room on the second floor.

Zhang Heng's grandfather looked at their backs and sighed: "Hmph, they are already an old married couple. Yet, they are still so lovey dovey and unafraid that people would laugh at them..."

Afterwards, silence descended.

The silence was broken by a bang. Zhang Heng's grandfather was furious: "Ridiculous! Isn't today Monday?! Who are you trying to deceive?!"

Inside the room.

Zhang Heng's mother asked her husband: "What should we do?"

The character and temper of Zhang Heng's father was similar to Zhang Heng. Therefore, he brashly said: "It would work if our father learned about Gu Zhun's merits~! With the help of your mother persuading your father along with the combination of my charms and merits, didn't I marry you?"