Chapter 1: Death Eater Ducklings

Hey guys!! I'm back with a new story, because I can't update old ones for the life of me. I swear I'm working on them, just... slowly. So, while I write those, I wrote this while procrastinating. (I'm already working on the second book tbh, though I've barely got chapter 2 written for this)

So yeah this exists. Barely anybody reads on Wattpad (this is cross-posted on both Ao3 and FF.net so you can check on there for a lot more details if you want. But yeah, this is here.

So I hope you enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey Tomcat, where do you want to go next?"

"You know, I had this wonderful idea a couple weeks ago, and I have to admit, it's grown on me." Tom grinned.

Harry bumped shoulders with him casually, a smile steadily growing on his face. "Oh? What is it?"

Tom took the invitation to grab his hand, entwining their fingers. "I was thinking we could go back to my school days."

"And mess with all your Death Eater ducklings?"

"Not to mention give Dumbledore a heart attack. Maybe it'll even kill him, if we're lucky." Tom answered, walking around the darkness of in-between dimensions, still holding his soulmate's hand.

Harry's eyes matched his face, full of excitement at the idea. "So, what're you thinking?"

"Dumbledore has sent you into the past to destroy me before I become a dark lord in 5th year. You give the past Dumbledore a letter explaining what you're trying to do, and he easily believes you, since he thinks I'm the devil reincarnated." Tom paused. "He's not really wrong, but still."

"So what's the plan, Tomcat?"

"You try to gain my trust so I let my guard down around you, and I give one of the ducklings the order to become your friend so you give him your secrets. I want to know if he'll run to me or get attached to you and betray me. And I want to somehow get Dumbledore involved in this, too."

Harry had the biggest grin on his face, fully on board with the idea. Tom's grin matched his when they looked at each other. "Imagine their faces when I go to kill you and kiss you instead! And when you kiss back-!" The pure joy in the idea was too much, and Harry doubled over laughing, so much so he fell on the black void of a ground. "Just think of their faces!!"

Tom wasn't on-the-floor laughing, but he had covered his mouth with his hand and was also laughing heavily. After a moment, he straightened himself out, still smiling. He leaned down to kiss Harry on his temple with a soft whisper. "Whenever you're ready, Love."

Harry grabbed his shirt and yanked Tom down, crashing his lips into the other's.

And then they were gone.

. . . . .

"Mr. Dumbledore, sir.." Harry could pull of a child very well, especially with years of practice and experience. "I was supposed to give this letter to you.."

Harry handed the elder (not compared to Harry) wizard the hot pink envelope, watching as his jovial expression became one of surprise. His eyes skimmed through the letter, seeming to go faster and faster as it went on. "You've come quite a long ways, my boy. And it seems your journey isn't over yet, I'm afraid."

Harry shook his head. "No, it isn't. But I've come to save everyone! I won't let," he sniffed in mock sadness, "I won't let my friends end up with the same fate."

The letter was seemingly written by Dumbledore from Harry's time, where going back in time was one of the only options left. Albus wrote the letter to his past self to explain Harry's mission in killing Voldemort before he was ever a big threat, and where Harry has come from.