Relationship with fiancé Xu YaLe:Non-committal
For years, they put up an act together for their families. He finally broke things off for good after she set Gu Zhun up on multiple occasions and unfairly made him the target of rebuke.

Relationship with family:

Neglected by his parents, he grew up closely with his grandfather. His grandfather runs the entire corporation by himself and has very high expectations of Zhang Heng. They love each other very much but his grandfather has trouble giving up Xu YaLe and accepting Gu Zhun in her place, creating a rift in their relationship.

Xu YaLe

Role: Daughter of the president to Xu Corporation; currently a business consultant in Zhang Heng's company.

Sex: Female

Age: 21

Personality:

A classic case of Princess Syndrome

Tends to make unreasonable demands of people whom she can easily control, such as her servants and Ma ShangQian. She is especially prone to bossing Ma ShangQian around and makes no effort to disguise her true nature in front of him.

Plays the role of a damsel in distress in front of Zhang Heng by putting on a false air of innocence and helplessness.

Domineering and possessive to the point that she would stoop to any means to break up Zhang Heng and Gu Zhun in order to make Zhang Heng fall for her.

Personal history:

Her feelings for Zhang Heng are rooted in the idolization she felt for him when she was a child. During a childhood vacation in the countryside, he saved her from a group of children who attacked her with stones because they did not like her.

Relationship with Ma ShangQian:

At first, she manipulated him for her own use. But over time, she developed feelings for him and began courting him instead. 

Relationship with Zhang Heng:
One-sided infatuation with unrequited feelings

Ma ShangQian

.

Role: An employee in Zhang Heng's company

Sex: Male

Age: 21

Personality:

Timid and always afraid of offending others at work, like a high-strung little bunny.

Cries easily when encountering difficulties
Somewhat rigid in his thinking and often has trouble wrapping his mind around new ideas. Thus, he does not appear to be very bright.

Relationship with Xu YaLe:

At first, he unwittingly helped her in various attempts to break up Zhang Heng and Gu Zhun.