Xu YaLe kept her word. She immediately found free time and arranged for both families and Ma ShangQian to have a meal together.

During the dinner, Xu YaLe introduced their families to Ma ShangQian. It was the first time he saw his big big big boss and boss Xu, who was renowned in the business world. It was inevitable that he would be a little nervous, so his hands shook uncontrollably... Luckily, Xu YaLe held his hands and suppressed them from shaking.

Under Xu YaLe's guidance, Ma ShangQian dealt with and answered a series of questions from them.

Of course, they asked him the standard questions. Do you have a car? A house? Where is your hometown? What does your family do for a living?

It was already very hard to find a wealthy son-in-law like Zhang Heng these days, who was rich and handsome in the business world, but at least it should be someone who was moderately well off, right?

However, Ma ShangQian's earning power was only in the middle class... He was just a normal working class citizen...

Xu YaLe was not worried about it. "I'll support him. I'll back him up!"

"But..." Ma ShangQian did not know whether to laugh or cry. He finally knew that Xu YaLe was not a tough and independent girl. She was totally crazy!

She had no idea about the toughest relationship to deal with in this world! It was the relationship between the two in-laws from both families!

To let a woman work hard outside while the man looked after the house, how was that appropriate?

Xu YaLe's mother didn't want that. Of course, she wanted her daughter to be able to settle down and be the stay-at-home wife of a rich guy... But now, Xu YaLe had clearly stated that she would only marry Ma ShangQian.

Wasn't this vexing?

As such, Xu YaLe's mother was the first one that opposed it. However, in order to achieve his grand ambitions, Zhang Heng was the first one to stand up and show his support.

"Huh...?"

Afterwards, Zhang Heng voiced a bunch of reasons to retort. He quoted many sources, from ancient times till the current era. He used the scholar-beauty stories and even philosophy. He argued that all these examples might just be diamonds in the rough. He said so much that Xu YaLe's mother was stupefied.

Through Zhang Heng's passionate encouragement, the majority defeated the minority. Finally, Xu YaLe could be with Ma ShangQian.

Of course, it was just as boyfriend and girlfriend. As for marriage... They would at least have to wait until Ma ShangQian saved enough money to get married... Although it would be a little difficult.

This could also be considered as Xu YaLe's mother's trump card. At that time, if Ma ShangQian did not have enough money, there would definitely be conflicts between them. Xu YaLe's mother knew her daughter well— What Xu YaLe liked the most was that her things must definitely be the best!

Of course, the wedding couldn't be slipshod. It had to be the best!

The terms of matter about the arranged marriage were explained clearly. After that, the whole company had to accept Xu YaLe and Ma ShangQian's show of affection every day.

Even Gu Zhun was almost unable to bear the frequency and the extensiveness of their public display of affection. He almost complained to Zhang Heng— "They are always lovey-dovey. It will affect the company's morale."

Because now the entire company was lamenting, why didn't they meet such a good girlfriend/boyfriend?

The girlfriend was rich and had looks. What was important was, after her character changed, she wasn't fake. In fact, she was very forthright. She was completely different from those arrogant and wealthy girls portrayed in television dramas.