Only as a 'servant', or in a younger brother's role?

But how would you know if you don't ask?

At that time, when Ma ShangQian said 'try' under the overpass, maybe Xu YaLe thought his words were just consoling her. Now that he was serious, would she agree?

Ma ShangQian decided to give it a try. What if there was a chance? Even if he did not have a chance to be her boyfriend, he could be her best friend. He would stay by her side and protect her. For him, that would be the greatest pleasure.

That was all that he asked for...

Xu YaLe became distraught ever since Ma ShangQian embraced her at the roadside.

She did everything to avoid Ma ShangQian not only at work, but also in private. Because of that, Ma ShangQian had not seen Xu YaLe for almost two weeks.

It was already winter. No matter how vain the female colleagues were, they were wearing thickly padded winter coats. After all, they were working in a high rise building. Moreover, they were close to the cold north. The government did not subsidize heating, so as a result, everyone chose warmth instead of their appearances.

However, Xu YaLe was not an obedient person who would wear those type of clothes. The clothes that she wore took people's breaths away. Of course, other than her good looks, her clothes were always trendy. Even during the coldest of days, she only wore a thin blouse and matched it with a faux fur coat... Not only that, she simply did not take into account that as a woman, she was more susceptible to the cold.

Therefore, based on the way she was acting, Ma ShangQian was a little worried about Xu YaLe. Although it was said that idiots can't catch colds, Xu YaLe was not an idiot when she was working.

It was very strange of Xu YaLe to avoid Ma ShangQian. On the rare occasion when she and her girlfriends were finally able to meetup, her mood was also in a mess.

Throughout the year, Xu YaLe's girlfriends usually stayed abroad. It was rare that they returned to their home country. Moreover, it just so happened that the four close friends had time to get together. It was hard for such a chance to come by. They had to spend their nights together.

However, Xu YaLe was not in the right state of mind during this gathering, which was held before the Spring Festival Holiday.

"Are you thirsty? Do you want a sports drink?" Girlfriend A had a mischievous smile. She was about to raise her hand and ask the waiter to get a sports drink.

When people ate hotpot during the winter, they would order herbal cooling tea. However, she wanted to order a sports drink. Don't you think that it was strange?

Girlfriend B took over for Girlfriend A and said, "Xu YaLe are you thinking about Zhang Heng? You are so lovesick that youwant him that badly?"

Actually, if this was the usual girl's get together, Xu YaLe would be the most enthusiastic. She would bring her three girlfriends to the old city streets and reminisce. They would go to the new city area to shop and experience their home country's latest technology... There were so many other things that their itinerary was filled.

However, this time, it was rare that the itinerary was planned by her three girlfriends who stayed abroad. They had to make do with the itinerary this time, but it did not fully captivate everyone's interests.

However, as long as the four close friends got together, chatted idly and teased each other, that was the greatest delight.

But Xu YaLe wasn't happy right now—