Chapter 3

"I need my things," I stated plainly when he sat next to me on the couch a few minutes later. He immediately pulled his phone out and started texting. I took a deep breath. Hopefully Julie would come when my clothes were brought and I could explain my situation. I would just have to wait. Maybe I should start making nice. "Do you like being a cardiologist?" I asked him when he put his phone down. "I do," he replied and I looked away when his eyes lifted to mine. A heart doctor. Great. Wasn't it against his code of ethics to abduct women? "What did you do for a living back in America?" He asked gently. It didn't escape me that he had used the past tense in his question. What DID I do. "I'm a social worker. Specifically I work with children and parents through the adoption process. Its very rewarding work," The truth was I loved my job. I made families happen. "I have a brother who is adopted," he said. I smiled at him before I could stop myself and he smiled back. I really tried to look away from him. He was too beautiful, not to mention he was still shirtless, but I commanded my eyes not to examine his chest and certainly not those beautifully sculpted biceps.

My book dropping to the floor snapped me back to reality. This guy was a little dangerous. He could so easily make me forget that I was actually a prisoner here. He picked the book up for me and placed it on the coffee table in front of us. The book wasn't going to keep me safe from him.

"I can't remember what you said your name was," I admitted with a blush.  The drinks from the night before really took a toll on my memory.  

"Colin," he answered, leaning towards me.  He took my hand and turned it palm up. I could feel the electricity between us in his touch. He put his fingertips to mine and gently stroked up to my wrist. It took a moment to realize but he was feeling my pulse. He knew just how rapidly my heart was beating. I was embarrassed to admit that my heart was pounding. It had been ever since he took my hand and even more so now when I realized how he was studying me.   

"So Colin, do you want to talk and get to know each other?"  His hand was very tan on my skin and I was doing everything in my power to keep from acknowledging how my body was desperate for more of his touch.  

His fingers caressed my wrist where, just a short while ago I had been hand cuffed to his bed.  It was all I could do to avoid his eyes.  If I could do that, there was still hope for me.  

"Why are you so resistant to me?" Colin asked leaning in close to me.  

I burst up from the couch, snatching my arm from him.  I needed the space.  His smell was intoxicating and I was struggling to keep myself from falling under his spell.  

He stood from the couch now.  His eyes boring in to me like I was his prey.  "I know you want me, Angela," he said, challenging me to admit it.  "I can smell your arousal.  So, why are you so resistant?"  He took a step closer to me.  I took a step back, desperate for an escape plan to present itself.  "I'll go slowly if you're worried about my size," he continued.  I could see his erection clearly behind the thin fabric of his pajama pants.  The fear from before was coming back to me in the form of a ball tightly wound in my stomach.  There was nowhere to run but the bedroom and I didn't want him to catch me there.  

My breathing was getting out of control again.  He took another step towards me.  Tracking my movements.  'What am I going to do?' was a question on an endless loop in my head.  "You don't need to be afraid of me, Angela," his voice was a whisper.  I looked at him and he was somehow right in front of me.  I took a step back and found myself against the living room wall.  My eyes were at his chest.  His beautifully sculpted chest.

He took my wrists in his hands.  

"Don't!" I snatched them away, holding them against my chest and pressed myself against the wall.