(4) Cause You Are My Medicine

Stuart sat in his room for what seemed like hours. The only thing he could do was sleep or stare at the ceiling. As he felt a headache coming on, he knew the first wouldn't be an option. He rolled over in his crummy mattress, his hands crawling up the side of his head. The ball of 2D's hands pressed hard against his temples as he let out a yelp of pain. His eyes were shut tightly, tears leaking out of the corners. There was only a couple minutes of this unbearable pain until the door suddenly swung open, but to Stuart it felt like an eternity.

"Stu?" Murdoc's mismatched eyes focused on the bed, the curled up man on top of it. "Ya alright?" He only received a groan from the blue haired man. Stuart's body was trembling from the pain, rolling on his back. The bassist could see the beads on sweat on his singers chin, his face pinched in agony. He quickly ran into Stuart's bathroom, taking out a clear orange bottle and opening the cap. He poured two out and knelt down next to Stu, smacking his cheek lightly to get his attention. "Open your mouth, Stuart."

2D did as he was told, but the fact that Murdoc had used his real name was unnerving. It even brought his mind away from the pounding pain  in his head, if only for a second. He swallowed the pills dry, breathing heavily. He knew they'd take a while to go into effect, but the thought of having something to soothe his pain made him relax. Stuart rolled over once again, his face plastered into the pillow.

As if a reflex, Murdoc reached out to stroke 2D's back. He immediately froze inches a way when he realized what he was about to do. What the fuck? What am I doing? He thought to himself. The bassist's hand recoiled, and he was thankful Stu didn't see. He stood up, his long nails digging into the side of his leg. He couldn't understand why, why he did that, why he had the urge to run his fingers through 2D's soft blue hair, to tell him it was going to be okay. He wanted to stay with him until he felt better, he looked so helpless when he was in pain. He wanted to be there for him. He pushed the thoughts immediately out of his head, blaming it on the whiskey he'd consumed earlier. After all, the only reason he cared for the man was to keep his band going. He only wanted Stuart there for the band. For the money. For the fame and success. Not the crippling loneliness he felt every night since he had got the the wretched island. Not because he missed hearing his beautiful, angelic voice. It was just for the band. Murdoc convinced himself of this. Or at least he tried.