Chapter Eight

“Master Andrew, I am informing you that the humans a looking for Mistress Kat.” Connie's voice broke into our little world.

“Thank you, Connie.” Andrew told her.

“Why does that always happen? It's like when you go to the bathroom and the phone rings.” I tried hard not to pout.

“You don't have to go, my pet. We could spend the day right here. They'd never find you. This is completely off any plans.” He nuzzled my neck.

“Um...” I shook my head. “Yeah, I do.”

“But I could enjoy the day lapping at you...” He trailed off.

“One, that isn't even fair. Two, aren't you supposed to be all gong-ho about solving this?” I tried to get up but he pulled me back down.

“I am. But I know the vampires won't be blamed. There is too much blood here for a vampire. And I know you'll find Hotchkins.” His fingers danced around my navel.

“Well, I'm glad you have faith in me. But I need to get out there.” I stood up.

“Fine, fine. Be practical.” He got up.

I watched each of his well chiseled muscles ripple as he moved. It was like staring at a panther. Andrew was just so beautiful.

“My mother once told me that it is rude to stare at others.” He teased.

“Don't be so damn sexy and I won't.” I countered.

“Impossible. That would be like telling you that.”

Now, when I say Andrew is beautiful and sexy, I'm not just saying that. The man was a god amongst men. He has that old world beauty, the kind you don't see anymore. As for me, well, I'm cute in my eyes- nothing compared to him. This was one of those moments where I was seriously feeling outclassed.

“When are you going to tell me about yourself?” I changed the subject.

“One day. Perhaps. Maybe when you are not drawing on such fears. Kat, you are one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on.” He held me in his arms.

“You are the most beautiful man I have ever seen. Period.” I told him.

“Then clearly we need to get you out more.” He laughed.

“Mistress Kat's phone is being called.” Connie told us.

Shortly after I heard my phone vibrating on the floor.

“Time to get back to work.” I sighed.

“True, but you aren't alone.” He kissed my shoulder.

“Thank you. I still want to know about your history, Andrew.” I said as I slipped my clothes back on.

“And I'd like to know about you, Kat. You have your own secrets, love.”

“Some seem to be even from myself.” I thought about my mystery blood.

“Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of it all.” His strong hands rubbed at the tension building in my shoulders.

“Aren't you going to get dressed?” I put my hands on my hips.

“If it pleases you.” He laughed.

“I'd like you to help get this place cleared. I mean, you seem to know a lot about the house and the hidden rooms.” I was trying not to imagine why he knew.

“You are exquisite when you are jealous.” He teased as he pulled on his pants.

“Shut up, Andrew. Get dressed.” I grabbed my phone and walked away.

“Kat, wait for me. You might want to fix your hair.” He called after me.

I stomped into the bathroom. Dried blood was caked on my neck and shoulder and my hair was absolutely sex hair.

“Ugh!” I wet a towel and wiped away the blood. “Dammit, Andrew.”

“Hey, at least I warned you.” He chuckled.

“It isn't funny! How am I supposed to look in charge if I look like I've been mugged and pillaged?!” I huffed.

“You worry too much.”

“You don't worry enough. You're too comfortable because of your immortality and lifestyle.” Annoyance curled around me.

“Kat, you may want to look in the mirror.” I turned and saw my hair was standing up. I took a breath.

“Stop upsetting me.” I wet my hand and gently patted down the crazy look I was rocking.

“Kat, look at me.” He took me by the shoulders and turned me to face him.

“What?”

“No, look into my eyes.”

“Happy?” I stared into his vivid violet eyes.

“Only if you are. You need to understand you are amazing and awe inspiring. These teams are lucky to have you in charge. Don't question every little thing you do or say. If you want them to treat you like you are the boos, then act like it.” He told me.

“But...” I started.

“No. There is no but.” Be the boss.” He turned me to look in the mirror.

My life and look had changed, but I was still the woman that was raised by a single mother. I knew what it meant to solider up. I straightened my shoulders and held my head up.

“There you are.” He smiled.

“Yes. Here I am. Andrew, I am putting you on house detail until sunset. I think I'm going to take a little trip.”

“As you command. But would you like to expand?” It was obvious he was curious.

“You need to stay out of the sun. I need more information about Hotchkins disappearance. I'm going to the Depot.” I smiled.

“Ah. I think you just want to go shopping.” He crossed his arms.

“Nope. You can take me shopping there later. I still want to see what the fae make.” I pulled him out of the bathroom.

“That could be interesting. What do you want me to do?” He asked as we got to the front of his den.

“Direct the teams. Get the appropriate rooms cleared. This place huge and apparently houses many secrets. So we need to crack them. I'm going to take our little intern to the Depot and see what I can find.” I explained.

“Sounds like you're passing this job off on me. I suppose that is what bosses do. Connie, could you please check to see if the path is clear?”

“Master Andrew, there is no one outside the entrance.” She reported back.

“Let's do this, Kat.” He led me out of the vampire rooms.

My phone buzzed again.

“Agent Purrowells.” I answered.

“Purrowells, your intern is very thorough. I want an update from you though.” Harkins barked at me.

“I'm heading to a possible lead, sir. Master Andrew will be helping coordinate the investigation on the Wüfsbane estate. He has information that will help the process move along faster.” I told him.

“What is this possible lead?”

“One of the supes in the community have gone missing that might have information about this death. We need to locate him.” I could only imagine why Hotchkins had been taken.

“Get on it.” He hung up.

“Nice talking to you too.” I ended the call.

“Nicely played keeping the Depot out of the conversation.” Andrew commented.

“P.N.I. doesn't need to know everything. Let's get this done.” I said as I headed off to find Henry.

“I'll let you know how things are going here, Kat.” Andrew said as I left him.

“Thank you.” I hoped that the investigation would move smoothly and we'd find Hotchkins.