"I empathize!" You may have said that a bit too energetically. Too eager to fill the silence. "After I abandoned the Nemesis, I found this place and I-I—I just don't know how anyone could dislike organics! They all have such a unique world to ours! Or, well, unique to what I know about our world." You clicked your mask into place. You hadn't exactly been built around the time Cybertron fell.

From what you could see on the Autobot leader's faceplates, he realized that.

It was unfortunate that he couldn't keep talking to you about the wonders of Earth. About the planet's human versions of Decepticons; about the beautifully diverse personalities of the humans he was close with; about the sunsets and sunrise; about how he'd managed to find a home in all of this chaos. This was only his second conversation with you, and yet, you understood his values better than those he held close to his spark.

Optimus sighed internally. He had to spill the energon sooner or later.

"Y/N, I'm sorry to say, but I did not come here to retrieve you for a mission. Bulkhead was fatally wounded while pursuing Tox-En. He was in critical condition when I arrived after you'd left, but our medic has put him in stable condition. I realized you may want to see him after such an incident."

You took a few seconds to absorb such a load.

"He-Tox En? Who hurt him? Is he going to be okay?" Your wings fell from their happy, anxious flutter. Your frame tensed and you clasped your servos together, fidgeting with your digits.

"Insecticons. I would not suggest revenge; it did not end well for our last teammate who attempted it. As for Bulkhead, I have faith that Ratchet will take good care of him, however, there may be some lasting effects."

You nodded, not knowing what else to do.

"Can I see him then? Now? If it's not too much!" You urged the mech. Optimus nodded and called for a ground-bridge.

"Do-do they know I'm coming?" You asked. You just realized he'd never actually told you.

"No." The Prime shook his helm. "I knew that they would have strongly opposed a trooper coming into the base to see an important friend of ours. Though Bulkhead recounted having assistance aboard the Decepticon warship, we are the only two who have come in contact with you. To them, you may still very well be a Decepticon."

The glowing portal opened up before the two of you. Aqua highlights complimented your dark-colored armor. You looked up at Optimus Prime, catching his optics as you stood with confidence and concern at his side.

"Is that what you think?" You questioned him suddenly.

"No, not anymore." You earned a puzzled look in his optics with that reply.

"I don't think we have anything to worry about then," You answered, gifting him with a genuinely warm smile. You skipped forwards, being the first to enter and exit the Autobot's ground-bridge.

Bad idea.

<> <> <>

   "Hey Optimus, who'd you-" Wheeljack began to ask on the medical berth beside his friend. Ratchet had been patching him up from the little stunt him and Miko pulled before Prime retrieved you. As soon as you came into their line of sight, however, everyone froze, and no one spoke a word.

   In the blink of an eye, weapons were out and pointed at you, as well as hard glares on each of their faces. They stood in positions ready for battle. The humans that'd been enjoying themselves in their own area were soon huddled together at the edges, Bumblebee at their side. He was all yellow and ready to take a glitch down.