10 Years Later 2/2

At precisely 1am when the shadow knows everyone is asleep, it creeps out. Snaking its way up towards the hidden cliff house. Taking care to avoid all the traps set by its cautious owner, it crawls up to the window overlooking the sea. The only source of light is his target's flame tree. Opening the window slowly, he is greeted with silence. His hood masks his face as he reaches his first victim, the scarred ex-General sleeping softly. Her death was swift, he didn't want her waking up. 

Awoken by a small soft noise, a girl by the name of Clara pushes open her mother's bedroom door. Her eyes fall upon the body, still bleeding. She crumples to the floor before she can scream, a dagger buried in her neck. The man steps out from behind the curtain and removes his hood.

His name is not Alec like he said it was, hours ago when he spoke to her in the book shop. His name is Chase. And he was Maven's scapegoat, the messenger. When the final battle was over, he was abandoned and shunned by the other townspeople. He came here for revenge, and to end the last people standing.

2 down 1 to go.

Opening the door to her room, he stands above her head, smirking. "Oh how easy this is." Raising his final dagger high, he throws it down. 

Compelled by some unknown force, Althea rolls and it catches her on the shoulder. She jerks awake and hisses. Staggering about, she wrenches the dagger from her flesh. Noticing the purple shine it has on it, she swears. Before throwing it at the coward who was now trying to run. His own dagger hit him square in the back. He fell to the floor and did not get up again.

Althea moves to Farley's bedroom and sees them both dead on the floor. She knows she doesn't have much time left. Moving outside coughing, she lays a burning hand on the house she loves dearly. It immediately ignited, 10 foot tall golden flames enveloping the house. She coughs again, falling on the floor. Her shoulder bleeds out and out and won't stop~

Because on that blades was Monksblood, a poison that stops powers working on injuries. Althea was bleeding out and she was well aware of it.

Her vision blurs as she reaches the treeline, desperate to see the sea one last time. Collapsing on the cliff-edge, Althea puts her glowing red hands on the nearest tree. She makes a flame tree. Her biggest one, a towering oak.

Her last one.

"May the knowledge I know be passed generation to generation. May the stories told here be spread to every corner of the universe."

And with her last few breaths, Althea concentrates, sending her remaining power into the burning cottage. Until the fire consumes everything before vanishing, leaving no trace of the house that once stood there. 

The dying woman then steps into the flame tree of her creation and the world just stops. Her essence flickers and fades.

And all that remained was a grove of flame trees and a book. Go to the central tree and you will see a girl flickering inside. The trees are ever-burning, as the girl inside gave her life essence to them. If you talk to her, she will speak back, but only about one topic.

And underneath that tree is a book. A thick book with a blue cover.

That book is War Storm. 

The book she wants you all to read, so that you all may know their stories. Know who her parents were. Know what they all gave their lives for.

A better world.

A/N And my dear friends, that is the final ending. No more bonus chapters or anything. They're all gone. Quick question, any of y'all ever read the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas? If not do so they are amazing and the final one 'Kingdom of Ash' is out tomorrow!