Chapter 1

I'm currently upstairs in my room doing our project with this guy from my class. We could not do the project at the library because its biology and we need soil samples and earthworms. Now that I think of it we should have gone to his house. I check my time, that's when I realise its almost time for 'my brothers' to come back now.

"Hey Joshua , can we finish this up tomorrow ?" I ask.
Joshua looks up to me completely at ease."Just a minute I need to finish up writing the observations."
I gently tap my feet at the ground. I'm so nervous, 'my brother's' are going to be here soon and Joshua needs to go now. Joshua takes his time, oblivious to the impending doom. At first I hesitate, but I have to do it anyway. I wouldn't want him to never speak to me again.

"Colton will be here any minute now, trust me you don't want to be here when he comes." I try to say it as nice as I can but it just isn't easy. He is friendly towards me at school and it can end now.

"Holy shit!" He shouts. That's the first time ever he cussed in front of me. He is a nerd , but if he still here he will never set foot in this house.
Joshua scrambles and picks up his books, I help him since he keeps on struggling, I don't get why since its such an easy task.

"Let's..." Before I finish he is already leading the way downstairs. Our house is so huge you can barely hear anything if you are on the other side of the room. Joshua jumps the stairs two at a time, he tumbles down and I facepalm. I shouldn't have reminded him , that's all I'm thinking right now.

When he rises up again he still jumps two stairs which makes him to fall again, I even catch up with him taking one step at time. When we finally reach the bottom he has fallen more than five times, I'm glad its now over.

"See you at school!" I breathe out as soon as he is at the door. He doesn't respond , he opens the door and I turn back to go to my room. I sigh in relief, crisis averted i tell myself.