FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

The Walking Dead became a phenomenon rather quickly, so it was no surprise a spinoff was made

The Walking Dead became a phenomenon rather quickly, so it was no surprise a spinoff was made. On August 23, 2015, the premiere of Fear the Walking Dead aired.

The pilot episode received a total of 10.1 million viewers during its initial broadcast with 6.3 million in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic, making Fear The Walking Dead the most-watched series premiere in basic cable television history.

Season 1 has six one-hour-long episodes. In them, we get to see what we didn't in The Walking Dead, the beginning of the outbreak. The story is told through Madison Clark and her son Nick, her daughter Alicia, and their stepfather, Travis Manawa. Although we don't find out much more information about the infection itself, we do see the beginning of the apocalypse. We witness the creation of the safe zones, the chaos, and the National Guard abusing their power.

Things get more complicated. Travis searches for his son and ex-wife and encounters a mob which turns violent. Amidst the chaos, the trio find shelter in Daniel Salazar's barbershop at the insistence of the man's wife Griselda and daughter Ofelia. Nick is mainly fighting his drug addiction. As a potential threat, he is taken to another compound. There, he meets Victor Strand. In the end, both families (with some losses) make it to Strand's home. They find his escape is a yacht called the "Abigail", which he intends to use for travel, and allows the group to come with him.

 They find his escape is a yacht called the "Abigail", which he intends to use for travel, and allows the group to come with him

Season 2 consisted of fifteen episodes. The first seven episodes premiered from April 10, 2016, and the remaining eight aired later in the year. The season follows the group as they escape land to sea and their journey to Mexico. The events in Mexico eventually lead to the group splitting apart. Travis stays away with his son Chris to help him, but eventually, they part ways, which would be the last time Travis saw his son alive. Daniel gets separated. Strand, Madison, Alicia, and Ofelia end up together and find that the Abigail has been stolen.

Forced to scavenge a nearby hotel for supplies, they are confronted by the surviving hotel occupants. Ofelia escapes the hotel, finds a vehicle, and heads back to the United States. Her truck breaks down in the Mexican desert. Nick leaves, not wanting to have anything to do with Madison and her ways. In a tough hour, he is rescued by Luciana and taken into her community. Nick and Luciana lead their group out of the colony and towards the border only to be shot at and captured. Travis makes it to the hotel but violates its rules when he beats up a young man responsible for his son's death. Strand stays behind, helping Madison and Alicia to escape. They make way to the Colonia, where a dying Alejandro (from Luciana's community) and his last words instruct them to look for Nick at the border.

 They make way to the Colonia, where a dying Alejandro (from Luciana's community) and his last words instruct them to look for Nick at the border

Season 3 premiered on June 4, 2017 and consisted of 16 episodes. The season is split into two eight-episode parts, with the first half concluding on July 9, 2017; the second half premiered on September 10, 2017 and concluded on October 15, 2017. Travis, Madison and Alicia make it to the U.S./Mexico border where they are captured by an armed group. Travis is separated from the girls and is taken to a room where Nick, an injured Luciana, and others are held. They shoot captives, who are deemed illegal immigrants, to see how long they turn into Walkers. Madison and Alicia are taken to an office where they meet the man in charge, Troy.

Meanwhile, we see what happens to Daniel.

In a flashback, Daniel escapes the fire at Celia's home with burns on his legs. He is rescued by Efrain Morales where the two talk. The two are separated and he ends up at the Gonzales Dam. Lola Guerrero spares him and gives him a job at the dam as a worker.

In the present, Daniel is ordered to torture Efrain as he is siphoning water from another source. Lola reveals she allowed it as the people are in dire need of it. Lola, Efrain, and Strand are among the line to be executed. But Daniel turns the tables and kills Dante and his bodyguards. He gives control to Lola, hands her the gun and kneels before awaiting his execution but she forgives him for his actions.

All of their paths cross again, and the events lead to an impressive finale. Nick detonates explosives, blowing a hole in the dam he's standing on. In this season, among many other characters, we say goodbye to Travis and Ofelia, who both die.

Season 4 premiered on April 15, 2018, and comprises 16 episodes split into two eight-episode parts

Season 4 premiered on April 15, 2018, and comprises 16 episodes split into two eight-episode parts. The second half of the season premiered on August 12, 2018 and concluded on September 30, 2018. There is not much left of the original group. Madison sacrifices herself so her children can live. Nick dies anyway, so there is only Alicia, Luciana and Strand left.

Long before the season started, it was rumored that one of the characters of The Walking Dead would migrate to Fear TWD. That character turned out to be Morgan. We are introduced to many new characters in this season. The main being John, journalist Althea, and June aka Naomi aka Laura.

There's a storm coming to the newly-formed group, and even though they survive the howling winds and flying walkers, there's no calm in their future. There is a mysterious villainous woman who kills every survivor who tries to help someone else.

 There is a mysterious villainous woman who kills every survivor who tries to help someone else