5. Surprise

All three of the Terrans stared at Makana with pure and utter disbelief.

       It was as if their humane heads couldn't comprehend that there was other living species that could speak just as well and better than them. Makana grew impatient with them, she couldn't be seen with them. Terrans reaked with destruction and trouble. She needed to report it to the ranks.

Makana quickly reminded herself that the ranks already believed she was crazy. She folded her arms as she began to ponder about the whole situation. One of the Terrans, Ishani, Makana remembered, took a slow step forward. Her dark brown eyes shone with wonder and excitement.

        Nose wrinkling, Makana stepped back, ears pulled back. "You... you can understand us." The Ishani Terran whispered in awe. The other two males held back, distrust and fear so strong it was tangible. Makana could smell it from where she was standing.

"Well, of course. Your Terran tongue is so simple and lacks true fundamentals that anyone can understand it." Makana answered keenly. Ishani produced a small little pad of some sort, and began to scribble something down. Makana squinted down at it, confused.

"What did you call us?" Asked a voice from behind.

       Makana's snapped up. The Nico Terran was staring at her with wide eyes. His perplexed face made him somewhat even more attractive. Makana instantly shoved that thought away. "Terran. You are all Terrans." She replied. Didn't they know this?

"You're referring to our planet as Terra, correct?" Terran Ishani questioned, not looking up from her strange little pad. Makana grew more confused. "Planet?" The female Terran nodded encouragingly, smiling up at her. "Yes. A sphere that orbits in a galaxy and contains life and----"

"Oh. You mean a spheriod." Makana corrected. Terran Ishani gaped at Makana with even more excitement as she continued to scribble things down. "What should we do about her?" Terran General asked briskly, not lowering his weapon from his chest. Terran Ishani sent him a glare over her shoulder. "You----"

"The question is what I should do with you, Terran." Makana cut in. "You all have invaded my home. No doubt you all will begin to destroy it." She snarled. Terran General growled as he lifted his gun but Terran Ishani lifted her hand in front of him. "No, please." She told him. Terran General slightly lowered his gun, slightly.

        Terran Ishani gave him a curt nod before facing Makana. "I'm dearly sorry. Let me introduce myself. We come from the planet Earth in peace. We are just scientists exploring the galaxy and we so happened to stumble upon your planet. I'm Ishani Aditiya." She said, bowing. The distrust for Terrans grew in Makana as she noticed the well rehearsed lines Terran Ishani said.

The next Terran stepped up. "Hello, I'm Nicolau. I operate our spaceship as the head engineer." He presented. Terran Nicolau extended an empty hand toward Makana. She peered at it with confusion. "Are you suppose to give me something?" Makana asked. Terran Nicolau chuckled. "No, it's a form of a greeting. We shake hands." He explained.

     Makana eyed his hand with hesitation. Maybe it was their form of capturing others. She didn't take his hand, frowning down at it with unease. Terran Nicolau awkwardly let it drop to his side.

"Hi."

Makana's eyes trailed over to the last and most displeasing Terran of the group. "I am General Trevor. I am their military operative, meaning I protect them. Anything happens to them, and I'll see about that." He said, a mean glint in his eyes. Makana's eyes dragged down his form.

          He wore a strange green uniform with ankle high boots. His grayish hair was cut short, an unattractive feature. Terran Trevor was bulky with muscles and sweat. Makana's nose twitched. They all stank of sweat and odor, something the Tuzi were proud of not producing.