Awkward Sessions

Beginne am Anfang

" And how did you feel about that? " He asked without even looking at her, it was so easy for him, he sat there looking like a bored king tired of his favorite jester while she was expected to sing about things that were already dealt with and she was healed from.

"Like someone had pulled my heart out from my chest and twisted it with a vice but I could still feel every twist and pull as it was mangled beyond recognition." the old dark cloud descended over her again she knew she shouldn't have opened up this old wound she hated remembering that time, still the memory of having to watch Alex kiss Maggie burned a hole in her heart that hurt.

"If you were really over it you wouldn't sound so crestfallen." He said blandly, ( Y/n) gaped at him anger in her eyes.

"Of course it hurts to think about, I had to watch someone I loved with someone else just days after she'd made love to me and whispered love in my ear, how else did you want me to feel?" (Y/n) almost shouted out, the strain of veins in her neck bulged out uglily, feeling the stress building she took a deep breath. "But we got back together because she loves me, and I love her, we fought through so much to get here, and the only reason I'm talking to you now is that of her, she's my absolute rock."

She watched as he randomly wrote things in his notepad again, occasionally he would stop and lift the pen to his lips and let it roll between his fingertips as he thought of the right words he wanted to use, but he said nothing and have no indication of what he was thinking or writing.

When his eyes finally met hers she took in the red veins that marred the whites of his eyeball, he hadn't been sleeping very well, bags sat under his eyes like big plush pillows. "And how is your sex life?"

"You can fuck off if you think I'm telling you that!" (Y/n) shot out firmly, her arms crossing over her chest.

He began writing again. "So how long has it been since you were intimate?"

"Hey, Doc Brown it's none of your business, so move on before I throw you so hard you go back in time and you will not need a delorean to do it!"

"When you were so heartbroken did you act upon or have thoughts about harming the other woman? He asked suddenly.

(Y/n) frowned where the hell as he going? "I had thoughts about punching her, kidnapping her and leaving her in the Arctic as a cuddly toy for a hungry polar bear, but no I never actually physically hurt her, that was later when she kept on and on trying to break Alex and me up that I punched her."

"So it's true to say then violence isn't really a characteristic you possess, even when this person you felt so strongly for hurt you, you still did not retaliate." He said quietly.

(Y/n) shrugged. "No, why would I have hurt them, if someone stops caring about you it's not really their fault they don't deserve to be hurt for any reason and I dislike Maggie Sawyer intensely but that doesn't mean I wanted to actually hurt her physically at that point, she just seemed to really love showing me that she'd won a game I didn't even know I was playing, my father brought me up better than to engage in games I would degrade myself partaking in."

"Interesting."

"I really hate it when you say that." (Y/n) sighed.

He lifted a big dark bushy eyebrow scattered with specks of grey and white. "It's interesting Ms. (L/n) because before your experience in the Phantom Zone while your temper may have been considered a little fiery you were not prone to jumping off the handle and losing your temper to the point of hurting someone."

"Thanks for reminding me about that, is it also your job to cheer people up because you gotta get a new one doc." (Y/n) replied sarcastically. "You suck at it."