Chapter 10

"Why did you have to call the Volturi?" Was the first thing out of Bella's mouth when we entered. She sounded annoyed.

"Because if someone sees your daughter while she still looks like a baby that person could mistake her for an immortal child." I explained to her.

"So? I don't want anyone from The Volturi coming here!" She had now raised her voice a little bit.

"Bella, creating immortal children is a crime and if someone mistakes Renesmee for an immortal child we would have been sentence to death." Carlisle told her.

"But she's not one!" Bella cried.

"We're not saying she is. But if someone else thought she was it could go very wrong for us all. That is the reason why we talked to them before hand. They just need to confirm everything we've said is the truth." Carlisle said.

"I don't trust them! They're not allowed to come here if they're going to take her away!" Bella didn't seem to listen to what Carlisle was saying.

"Oh my.. I don't have patience for this." I told no one before walking outside and taking a seat on one of the benches. Jasper followed me. I noticed he had been staying close to me the last few days, I didn't mind but it seemed he had something he wanted to say but never found the right time.

"I thought one of you would have told her about all the rules you have to follow before all of this." I told Jasper.

"I know. We tried to get Edward to tell her but he always told us he didn't want her to know." Jasper murmured.

We stayed quiet for a while. We could hear Carlisle try to explain to Bella about The Volturi and everything. It took almost an hour before she calmed down. Maybe it was because she's still an newborn. This was one of the reasons I never created another vampire. As a sire you had responsibility for the new vampire for at least a year, longer if they had trouble adjusting.

"How are you?" I asked Jasper after it seemed like Bella understood why we called The Volturi.

"I'm okay.." Was all he said. I looked over at him an liften an eyebrow.

He sighed. "I feel bored maybe? I don't know, I'm just waiting for us to move again and then the same routine starts over."

"Why don't you do something else then?" I asked.

"Like what? I don't feel comfortable being around a large group of people and only going to places with nature gets boring after a while."

"Is it because of all the emotions you don't like being around people? I mean, we know that your bloodlust is worse when you're around several vampires."

"Yeah, feeling everyone's emotions gets to be a little too much sometimes." He admitted.

"Hm.." I had an idea about that but didn't want to say anything for sure. I was going to contact a witch friend of mine and see if she could create something for him to wear so he didn't have to feel what everyone was feeling. And maybe something that could stop Edward from reading his mind.

"What? You look like you just got the best idea." He told me.

"I don't want to say anything yet.. Give me a day." I smirked. "I have to go, I'll be back tomorrow." I stood up and Jasper also stood up. I hugged him before running back to my place.

When I got home I quickly called my friend and explained the situation. She told me she could make something but I had to come get it in California. After we hung up I got myself a blood bag before taking a shower. I decided to get a few hours of sleep before driving down to California.

The next morning I was out of the house early and started driving right away. It took a few hours before I arrived and Macy, my witch friend, met me at a coffee shop. We talked for a while, catching up with each other before she gave me a necklace. It looked like a tiny little rifle and she had put a few spells on it. One to stop Jasper from feeling anything from people around him and another spell to stop mental attacks. This included Edwards mind reading. She also gave me two more necklaces that only worked for mental attacks. One that had a small cross and another with a rose.

I thanked her before making my way back to the car. It was starting to get late and I had a long drive.

Halfway home my phone rang and I answered: "Hello?"

"Hi, I was just wondering If you were going to come over today. I would like to talk about something with you and I know Jasper wants to see you." It was Carlisle. His voice had a slightly teasing tone when he told me about Jasper. And I could hear Emmett in the background laughing.

"If you don't mind waiting for a few more hours, then I can come over. I'm on my way back from California." I told him.

"I didn't know you were going there." He sounded questioning.

"Last minute decision. Needed to see a witch for something." I explained.

"All right.. Well, I'll see you later?" He asked.

"Of course. Bye." I heard him say bye before we both hung up.

The rest of the way back to Forks went smooth. There was nothing interesting happening and I arrived late at the Cullen's house. Jasper was standing on the porch waiting for me. I couldn't help but smile, I was starting to get really fond of him.

"Hi!" He greeted me when I walked towards the house.

"Hello." I smiled. "I brought you a gift." I told him and gave him the small box which held the necklace.

He opened and looked at it for a while before looking up at me and lifted an eyebrow. He had a small smirk on his face and removed the necklace from the box. As soon as he touched it he noticed the difference. Also Edward came outside when he realized he couldn't hear Jasper's thought anymore.

Jasper looked at me with a questioning gaze and I nodded at him. He smiled before putting on the necklace and giving me a tight hug. "Thank You." I heard him whisper.

"Why can't I hear you?" Edward demanded looking confused.

"I asked a witch for a favor." Was the only explanation he got before I walked inside the house. Everyone was wondering what was going on but I didn't feel like telling them right now. I was more curious about what Carlisle wanted to talk about. I looked over at him and he asked if we could go for a run. I agreed and we left the house.

I don't have a clear idea of where I want this story to go. I will probably just write whatever comes to mind and we'll see what happens. Not much happened in this chapter, I know. I couldn't think of anything else. I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible. XO