Chapter 8

Sofia's POV

"Hello, may I please speak to one of the kings?" I asked the girl in Italian.

"One moment." She put me on hold for a few seconds. "May I ask who's calling?"

"Tell them it's Sofia Bellamy." I told her.

She put me on hold again. Jasper was watching me pace back and forth in the room while we waited for one of the kings to pick up the phone.

"Hello Sofia." A calm voice greeted.

"Hello Marcus, how are you?" I asked politely.

"I'm as well as I can be.. What can I do for you?" He asked.

"It's about the Cullens." I started.

"Oh?" Was all he said.

"Edward and Isabella are having a baby. They didn't know it was possible, and after I told them about all they need to do I forgot to mention that they had to inform you about this." I explained.

"I see. How is Isabella doing?" He asked.

"As good as she can be.. She's weak. I don't think that she will survive this as a human.." I told him.

"You know some of us will have to come see this child after it's born? And make sure that Isabella has been changed if she survives?"

"I know. Do you want me to keep you updated to what's going on or should I wait until the baby is born?" I asked him.

"I would like to be updated, and I'm sure my brothers will feel the same. We usually don't like it when things like this happen without the people involved following our rules. But because they weren't aware we can understand." He said. "And because you are there and we know and trust you we can make an exception." He added.

"Thank you Marcus. Then I will keep you updated." We exchanged a few more words before hanging up.

After I put the phone away I went over to where Jasper was sitting and took a seat on the opposite couch. We didn't talk for a while, just enjoyed the silence.

"Why didn't you tell the others that we had to inform the kings?" Jasper asked me after almost an hour of not talking.

"I will tell them, at least Carlisle, I just didn't want to deal with all of the questions right now and also because Edward seem to be a bit of a drama queen." I told him bluntly.

"Ha! He is.." Jasper snorted at my comment about Edward. "I agree that you should tell Carlisle though. I could ask him to come over so that you can tell him without everyone else around?" He suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good." I agreed and he took out his phone and called Carlisle.

"Okay..I'll be right over." I heard Carlisle say after a few seconds.

While we waited we kept talking a little about different things. I could see how much more relaxed Jasper was when no one else was around. I could understand if it was difficult being close to a human for him, feeling everyone's bloodlust must be hard, but it was something else. I wondered why he wasn't with Alice more. I thought they were mates or something, shouldn't he want to be close by when so many things were happening with both the baby and the wolves? I decided to ask about that but before I could there was a knock at the door.

Jasper went and opened the door and let him in. They sat down on the couch and we talked a little before I told him about the Volturi.

"Why is it important to tell them about a dhampir?" Carlisle asked after a while.

"Because if someone else were to see her before she's grown up they could easily mistake her for an immortal child. And the Volturi would like to avoid those kind of misunderstandings." I explained. He nodded to show that he understood.

I know it's a short chapter. I think the next chapter will be about the baby and Bella's change. After that I can write more about Sofia and her relationships. Maybe a little more about the Volturi. Nothing like the book, no confrontation between the Cullens and the Volturi. Unless you want that? Xo