Chapter 12

When I finally got the courage to face Rye again, I got up on wobbly legs, hid my diary in the box with my razors and turned to open the door.

I took a deep breath and put one hand on the lock and the other on the doorknob, but before I turned the lock I paused.

"Rye" I spoke out, my voice sounding rough due to hoarseness.

"Yes" His voice was soft and smooth.

"Why do you li....Nevermind, I'm coming out now so if you're sitting by the door you should move" I spoke out hesitantly.

I could hear him shuffling on the other side before I slowly turned the lock and pushed the door open. I didn't even get the chance to open the door halfway before Rye pushed the door fully open and engulfed me in a hug.

"Can you please promise me something?" He asks me, his face buried down in my hair.

"Depends on what" I shrug.

"Always tell me where you're going and answer me when I talk to you, okay? I got really worried when I woke up and you were gone and then you don't answer when I call for you" He pushes me a little back, his hands on my shoulders, to look me in the eyes while he talks.

"Sorry" I mutter, my eyes falling down to look at the ground.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, I just got a little worried" He says and presses my body into his in a hug again.

I nod and feel tears threatening to spill again, but I push them back. I don't want to cry again, I've cried enough.

"Can we just lay in bed and cuddle?" I ask and look up at Rye with begging eyes.

I don't feel like doing anything right now. I'm just so tired and I want to sleep. Just get away from everything for a little while.

"Of course" He says with a soft voice before he eagerly, but gently, drags me towards his room.

I can't help but let a little smile ghost over my lips. I let Rye drag me towards his room and shut the door behind us.

I end up falling asleep before my head even hits the pillow. The exhausting feeling just too overwhelming.

I don't know how long I end up sleeping, I just know that I get woken up by someone knocking on the door.

Rye isn't beside me and when I look around I realise that he isn't in the room at all nor is he in the bathroom.

Where is he?