Our First Gift

En başından başla

"Why? Did I say something? Please don't cry. Here, take my handkerchief."

I took the handkerchief and start to wipe my tears.

"Why princess?"

"It's nothing I just remember someone in my past."

"Oh wait here's our ice cream. This is yours and this is mine."

I was just freezing there I don't know what to say or even do. it's been 20 years. I hope I could see him again someday.

"Princess sorry but I have to leave now."

"Ok, bye-bye but wait what's your name?"

But I miss my chance. He already went off before I could even ask his name. I wish we can meet again somewhere.

"Master, where have you've been?"

"Well obviously in the ice cream parlor."

Who's that girl? She's very familiar somehow. She's like the girl I met when I was a kid. Fiona is that you? After my first day on my first job I'm still thinking of that guy a while ago, he looks like Cody. When I was walking in the middle of the night I heard a beautiful voice coming from somewhere, I follow and search for it, I wonder where it comes until the voice grew nearer. Until i'd found where it's coming from. His voice almost touches my heart. How he sings every lyric of the song but he caught me staring at him. he walks slowly to me but I can barely see his face because we're in the middle of the night.

"You're the girl from the ice cream parlor right?"

"It's you! the handkerchief man."

"Handkerchief man? Sounds awesome but what are you doing in the middle of the night? It's very dangerous for a princess like you to be here just your own."

"Nightshift actually. By the way, is that you singing a while ago?"

"Yes, it's me. Why?"

"You had a beautiful voice but then, that song it's for whom?"

"It's for a girl that I'd met past 20 years ago."

"Do you love her?"

"More than anything in this world. I'll do anything and everything just for him, just to be with him once again."

"She left you?"

"But even though she left, I made a promise that I will wait for her and she'll come back in my arms again someday. Even now I always keep that promise. after 20 years of waiting I still didn't and mustn't give up. If I have to wait for her even if it takes a thousand years I'll wait because that's how much I love her."

"but why it has to be 20 years. didn't she visit you, not even once? did she forget her promise?"

"because were just a kid back then. we don't yet fully understand what was love and what was heartbreak."

a single teardrop from his eyes had been fall to his palm. his hurt and feel so much pain. i couldn't even imagine, for a person like him to suffer all of this things. i took the white handkerchief from my pocket and start to wipe his tear. i want to take it all away, all of his pain. if i can only do that, just to comfort him, just how that he don't have to face the world alone. he held my hand tightly and he suddenly hugged me close to him.

"please let me have this for moment."

"just cry as hard as you can."

i feel hot tears flowing down to my shoulder but we suddenly stopped when we saw a fireworks display. it was so beautiful, how it illuminates the night sky. I'm very proud of him because even if there's a pain having felt he always keep smiling like if it is one of his joyful day.

<< a few minutes past after gazing the the fireworks >>

"it's time to go home my princess. come with me i'll give a ride just tell me where you live."

"no need. i can handle myself."

"i can't let you go home all by your own. come on don't be shy."

"OK then if you insist."

along the way to my home, i didn't realize that i slept along the trip until i felt a warm hug around my body, i think it's him being my pillow and blanket . he feels so soft, warm and nice while giving me a body heat procedure. when were almost there he wake me up but when i opened my eyes his face were too close to mine. i tremble in fear and the feeling of nervous. our lips were about to kiss in any single move. my face became a tomato while facing him. his eyes were looking towards me and i can't even make a single reaction. i was just froze their waiting for whar will happen next.

"you're even more cuter when you're like this."

i cant say something until the car had already stopped but before i leave i say goodbye and thank you for the ride.

"you're always welcome my princess. i hope we could see each other again."

"i hope so."

another long day had just been past. i wonder what would happen tomorrow.