Our Beginning

It all began on that sad rainy day. The day that graved in my memory as if it was something hidden away from me and lain asleep within my heart. I recall the rain coming from my eyes flowing down my cheeks, and those memories that are not easy for me to forget or to fade away. I remember piece by piece of my past and it's something that burdens me up until now.  

I know there is something within me, waiting to be awakened. Every day I feel my heart pounding but I don't know why, and to whom. But every day it makes me believe that there is something, soon to happen 

CHAPTER I 

A gentle rain pours down my window, on my third birthday. A gentle wind came after me, calling me into its gentle arms. But nothing more warmth than my mother's arm. I came from a simple life, someone who has nothing to be proud of. My mother came into my room a handed me a gift. I opened it and I laughed a little. It is a handkerchief with my name on it. 

"Thank you."

She replied to me with her soft voice that sounds like a piece of tearful music to my ears. 

"Whenever the rain wants to fall from your eyes just let yourself cry as much as you need to you have something to help you get through it."

I thought it can be the most precious day of my life but never I was able to predict what's about to happen next.  I never expect that all my happiness on that day will soon be faded away together with the saddest rain. So that my happiness could never last. After my birthday, my mother went to a cemetery with me but when we're about to go home we had a car accident along the side of the street. I can hear people's voices shouting, screaming, saying too many words that I can't able to understand. a white light had been passed through my eyes as my consciousness was slowly fading. I wish this will be the last. I said to my self if this will be my last breath, how great I am. Even people may indeed choose to live in solitude no one could ever endure the pain and loneliness being experienced in a place like this. Until I'd recover my consciousness. I softly open my eyes and I woke up in a room surrounded by white curtains but then I couldn't find my mom. I search everywhere, I wandered my eyes. I ask the nurse in the lobby but she said that I came here alone and not with someone when the ambulance was sent me here. Out of the blue, I was shocked to hear those words. How could that possibly happen? I felt hot tears were falling down my cheeks until a tall guy with pale skin came before me then he softly asks me. 

"Why are you crying?"

"I couldn't find my mom tell me she's not dead."

"Of course not you don't even see her corpse right?"

"You're right."

I don't know how to properly respond to him, This is the very first time that someone showed true kindness to me. His eyes met mine, and suddenly it felt familiar somehow. As if his eyes are is telling me and assuring me that everything is gonna be alright. It is going to be rough and slow, but I'll get through it. 

"Come on don't cry everything will be alright trust me. Just smile."

"If only I have enough reason to fake myself."

"Oh come on! Don't be too hard on yourself. A smile will find a way."

I can't understand but why my heart beats so fast as if it is going to explode anytime soon. Not any other human being, I can tell he is different. His soft voice and gentle gesture brought peace within me as if an angel falls before me. His smile is so bright and pure, a smile that doesn't hide anything. True as it can be, no trace of sadness and always with gladness. It feels like our time and space stood still. I can see a perfect reflection shining in his eyes. with those sweet smiles and big blue eyes.