Accidents Happen 3

Yayz! Chapter 3! ^_^

Hope you guys like it!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before I continue, let me describe our current location. We were surrounded by tall hills. Not 6 feet, try really steep, 12 or 15 feet high. Yeah. That tall. The bus was missing a wheel that somehow got lodged underneath it so the side was propped up about a foot and a half above the grass. That helped some with getting people out. Don't ask me why the bus went on such a tall, narrow road on the rim of a "little big" basin.

So, after examining our surroundings, I described them to the 911 operator lady.

"That's inconclusive; it could be anywhere," she replied.

I got an idea. "Call the bus company and ask them about the bus route. Maybe they can find it."

The lady considered this for a moment. "Okay," she said. "Tell me your bus number."

I told her, then I heard her keyboard tapping.

"All right, I'm gonna get another person on the line while I call the bus company, 'kay?" she said.

"Thank you."

Another second later, I heard a guy's voice say, "Hi, I'm Mr. Thomas. I'm going to stay on the line with you while Rhonda gets the bus route and the emergency crew over there."

"Hi, Mr. Thomas," said I. I sat there for about a tenth of a second before I felt like someone had splashed cold water on my face. The kids! "Just a second, Mr. Thomas." I handed the phone to my friend, David, then ran to the bus. I had to a rescue operation to run.

"Does anyone have a spare jacket?!" I yelled inside. Several kids replied, "yes." I collected the jackets and shouted again, "Is anyone sitting next to an injured person?" A few kids said they were. I had them raise their hands and went over to them, one by one, and laid the jackets underneath my unconscious and injured peers.

After the kids had been jacketed, I found one wearing shorts and wrapped another jacket around their legs. Wiping sweat from my forehead, I asked around for kids who could help carry the hurt children outside. We finally got everyone outside after five minutes, and we had a total of 62 kids: 35 uninjured, 18 injured but conscious, and 9 injured and unconscious, including Laylah.

I was exhausted. Some kids were wailing, probably with serious injuries or broken bones. I didn't want to deal with it. Crying, shouting, the bright grass spattered with flowers, all the colors and sounds, began making my mind swim, my ears ring, and my vision blur. David came up behind me and I heard him say something like, "Carey? You okay? You don't look too good...." I couldn't decipher it very well; it sounded all muted and strange.

In fact, it all began to blend together. Sounds, sights, smells, it all... began...to blur....

Then, everything went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How was that? I think it was decent, perhaps a little short, but whatever. Comment, tweet, vote, share it any way, as long as you read!!