⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ prologue.

(     𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

( 𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢. - - - )
DECEMBER 31ST , 1998 01:17AM
-

' this next song is a solo joint by our nigga mecca about someone we all knew and loved. . . he knew her better than any of us. he probably knew her better than anyone else in her life. i'm telling y'all, these two goofballs was in love on some real corny shit. on some romeo and juliet story book type shit. i could just throw up talkin about it. but this girl, she kept him happy for a long time. it kept all of us happy to see him in that state of mind. it's like he found gold or bought his first ferrari but it was more of a mental thing. you can't buy shit like that. i never seen a smile as wide as his used to be. i could've sworn he was on drugs the way he had all of us wishing we had shorties. it was crazy. i'ma let him tell the story though. nothing beats hearing it from the source. mecca you got the stage baby. talk yo shit , b . ' chevy introduced.

he could hear his rapid heartbeat thumping loudly through his ears as he stood at the left hand corner of the stage with the mic to his mouth. the thick heat of the room evoking salty perspiration from his pores as his eyes scanned the audience of high thousands through the semi-darkness of the nightclub.

it was another performance set for his rap group ' montague mafioso ' and like any other set on their twenty-seven city tour list it was live and awakening. it was exuberance embodied.

the energy in the room was consuming but he remained reserved and withdrawn. it was his human nature - which had been the total opposite of his friends and group mates tyson , chevy & their music producer adae. the three of them had enough energy to supply power for a couple of cities nearby if it was ever possible to translate human energy into electricity.

they thrived off of the cheering and spirits of the crowd like gods looking down at the masses of creation below. the stage was a platform. the microphone was a sceptre and music made them unlikely kings reigning supreme in entertaining ways of measure.

the accessory of the various drinks they shared didn't help their cause either. not only had they been sweating , rowdy and having a good time but now on top of the list of things they had been tipsy and forgot a few of their lyrics. the show was a mess but the listening mob's engaged attention didn't waiver or subdue.

he on the other hand didn't drink a drop. though he felt like he should have to calm his flux of nerves , constant anxiety and rushing thoughts. he was sullen and didn't want to do anything else but go home for a much needed moment of recomposing alone time. the show wasn't over yet and he couldn't bail.
even in inner turmoil he strived to remain poised and professional.

you would've thought he was used to doing this number as many times as he did but he never would be. it was as though the song grew more potent every time he performed it. his heart was heavy and he still had so many questions about it that had been and forever more would remain unanswered.

𝐀 𝐏𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐌  𝑭𝑶𝑹  𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐄 , nas.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara