The Love of My Life

I sat in the car and cried about him like there was no tomorrow,  I didn't even realize I was running late. I started the car and waited to see if he would come out of the house and at least kiss me goodbye....he didn't show up. With tears running down my cheeks I left the scene to head to work. I cried the entire way, I was on my way to the southside of Woodstock where I had a photography studio with my sister, Casey.

As soon as I got inside I ran into her arms. I needed affection. I had been robbed of that ever since I married Bobby 3 years ago, he spoils me, yes but does he think that's enough? I was never materialistic. Every materialistic thing he buys for me I could give a shit about: Shoes, jewelery, gowns, and flowers are not going to make up for the fact that the only time he shows any remote sense of intimacy is when we say "hello" or "goodbye" to each other. He never showed me he needed me, so of course as a wife I began feeling like an intrusion in his life, he was constantly touring and barely even had time to speak to me on the phone. All of that combined was enough to make me feel lonely.

"What happened baby, why are you crying?" said Casey as she cradled my hair.

"Nothing. I just missed you is all" I said bursting into tears

"Baby, something is wrong if you're crying like that" she said as a cigarette hung from her lips. "Come on, you can tell me."

"Alright, Bobby and I, I just- I don't think we're gonna make it"

"That son of a bitch! He cheat on you?"

"He might as well!" I said bursting into my second wave of tears

"I'm tired Casey, I just wanna go back to Florida, I've had enough!"

There was a knock at the door, believing it was a client, Casey put me in the backroom and gave me a glass of water while I waited.

"Wait right here honey, I'm just gonna check to see who it is."

Casey opened the door and there was Bob in a Navy turtleneck and jeans demanding to see me.

"She doesn't want to see you asshole! She's crying her eyes out back there." said Casey as she attempted to slam the door shut but was met with Bobby blocking it.

"Let me talk to her please, this has nothing to do with you."

"Oh, it does now! Last time I checked she came crying to me about your neglect!"

Bob got frustrated and made his way in anyway.

"Where is she?" he shouted moving his sunglasses up his hair.

He opens the door and finds me sitting on the lounging couch, grabs my arm and proceeds to yank me outside.

"Hey! Hey! Where are you going with her!" shouted Casey.

He shuts the door, pulls me by my arm and corners me by the wall outside the studio.

I had my hands over my face, he grabbed the corner of the cuffs of my jacket and pulled my hands down besides me and kept them there.

"What's your problem, huh? You want to leave? Is that what it is? You can leave, babe I ain't your daddy." he said as he looked into my eyes with a fierce anger. I've seen him angry before but not like this.

"I will leave, its obvious you never loved me, now you've verified that suspicion, thank you, Mr. Dylan" I said while escaping his grip. He quickly pulled me while laughing.

"Mr. Dylan?" he said hovering over me and holding onto my arms "that's funny, baby, you belong in stand up!"

"It's not funny I'm being serious I'll leave and you're not going to intimidate me!"

I shoved my arms in front of him using my bag to push him off. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me in the parking lot. His mouth tasted awful, I swear I was beginning to think he did it on purpose.

"You don't need me Bobby, you never did, you never needed anyone!" I exclaimed trying to speak as he kissed me around my face.

He ran his hands up my stockings as his sapphire blue eyes opened and stared me into mines, he held my face in place with his hands around my cheeks kissing me near the door to the studio. I wanted to escape his hands but I clandestinely liked it.

"No matter what I say babe, I'll always need you. I'm sorry" he whispered while planting a soft kiss on my chin.

I kicked him away and slowly backed into the studio with Casey.

To be continued...