A single shot rang out...

Harry looped his arm with Louis, their fingers lacing together in a vine like grip, and together they made their way up onto the stage. They had thrown a little party today, leading people to believe it was for no other reason than a belated celebration party, when in reality they were going to share their big news today.

It had been a little over a two weeks since Louis had burst into Harry's office and told him the news of their child. Which means it has also been two weeks since their fight. They haven't talked about it at all. Every time Louis would try to bring it up, Harry would either leave or just ignore him completely. He had gave up on shouting at him because Louis was immune to it, apparently. He hadn't punished Louis since that day, either. He didn't want to be the sick monster Louis thought him to be. So he just stopped everything all together. Talking, physical contact, eye contact, punishments, and sex.

He was withdrawing all together, leaving Louis alone like the boy had wished those many weeks ago. He was just giving him what he wanted. If Harry didn't acknowledge him, then he wouldn't be able to hurt him. It was as simple as that.

"First off, we would like to thank you all for coming," Harry began, sweat already trickling down his forehead. He felt uncomfortable now, with all their eyes pinned on him as he held Louis' hand. Their was photographers here, and news reporters were fanned out across the room, apparently excited to catch Louis and Harry out in public together for the first time since they were wed.

People began clapping and cheering, forcing Harry to smile. He needed to act like he was happy. When they quieted down, Harry smiled yet another fake smile and turned to look at Louis for a second. "But we didn't call you out here for a simple celebration. We have some exciting news to share with all of you," he said, squeezing Louis' hand and nodding slightly, letting him know it was time for him to deliver the news.

Louis didn't like that Harry was ignoring him, but he figured it was better than being punished and being treated like shit. He desperately wanted to help Harry. Because he knew this wasn't going to last if this continued. He knew that their child would suffer mentally if this continued. He just wished Harry would see that. He kept trying to bring up the therapist thing, but Harry wouldn't listen to him at all. It was a good idea, them seeing a therapist separately and then seeing one together to help improve their marriage. Louis thought it was a good compromise.

Louis stood in front of the microphone and smiled. "We're expecting." Louis said, seeing the crowd gasped. "I am almost 9 weeks along and next week is our appointment to see the baby on ultrasound for the first time. I hope you're just excited as I am."

Harry smiled warmly, such a heartfelt smile that it made his face shine with happiness and pride. "By next year, I will have an heir!" Harry boomed, chest inflating when everybody began to cheer. One thing he had to offer this child was a marriage to only the best family. He, she, or they, were a Styles heir, destined to do great like their father. They would be expected to live up to the world's expectations, and exceed far past their father was ever able to. But they would have the entire UK there, cheering them on and supporting them; letting them know that they had an entire family that loved them.

Louis smiled wide at Harry and looked at the crowd. He was scared for the child, growing up in this world. He hoped someday, somehow the government would change and people wouldn't have to be married off and forced to be together. He hoped for that day, hoping he could raise his children in that world. But he knew that was never going to happen.

"Congratulations, son," Desmond Styles said as soon as Harry stepped down off the stage, Louis still beside him. He was pulled into a half hug, and words only he could hear were whispered in his ear. "I trust you will make the right decision and raise this child properly. Regardless of gender, it will need to know it's place and how it is to act," Desmond grinned darkly when he pulled back, staring expectantly at his son. Harry's lips pulled over his teeth in a forced grin and he nodded, suppressing the urge to bash his father's face against his knee.

He would never raise his child the way he was raised, and he would die before his father ever laid a hand on his child, or pounded the same, fierce mantra he had into Harry's head. Men don't cry. They feel nothing. You will feel nothing. "Of course, father," Harry said through clenched teeth. He knew his place, and knew questioning or arguing with his father was not something he was to do. His father was his elder, and was to be respected.