Chapter 11 - Champion Showdown

Start from the beginning

“You are allowed to switch them around after a battle.” Xene said. “I guess he really wanted to win this one...”

“It's no surprise that Skyra made it through.” I watched as he shook Jake's hand.

“Because Jake sucks, right?” My sister laughed.

“Because Skyra's one of the best.”

“Oh, right. That too.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, our finalists have made it! In five minutes, we'll have the thrilling end to this year's competition!” Harvey announced.

“Here they are! Our finalists!”

The stadium erupted in cheers as Skyra and Ethan climbed to their positions at the ends of a basic stage of grass.

“We have our very own Pokemon League Champion, Skyra, versus the Champion from the Hoenn region, Ethan! It's a truly fearsome match up!”

“This is a good twist of fate.” Ethan said.

“It is. I've been wanting to face you.” Skyra smirked. “You can't improve unless you beat the best.”

“Exactly.”

“The two Champions will face off on the classic, basic grass turf! May the best man win!” Harvey started the finale of the mixed competition.

“Go, Yeul!”

“Pyroar, let's go!”

The PokeBalls were thrown into the ring and out came the first two fighters. Skyra's Gardevoir, named Yeul, was up against Ethan's Pyroar, yet another Pokemon hailing from the Kalos region. It was male, as its mane was large and flared out, surrounding its head.

“Use Shadow Ball!”

“Incinerate!” Ethan countered.

Yeul released the ball of energy, which collided with a small, fast blast of fire from Pyroar. The Shadow Ball flashed between orange and red before exploding in a mix of flame and smoke.

“Yeul, Psychic!” Skyra ordered. His Pokemon used her powers to lift the opponent into the air, before continually forcing him back into the ground.

“Hyper Voice!”

As Pyroar was hoisted into the air again, he roared with immense power, sending waves of crunching sound into Yeul. She recoiled, loosing control of the enemy.

“Fire Fang!”

As he came down, Pyroar spun forward with burning teeth and sunk them into Yeul. “Now, Overheat!”