Chapter Nine

Time goes so fast when you're preparing for something you're dreading – Elsa knew this all too well. Her 19th and 20th birthday had come and gone, and it was almost time for her coronation.

She hadn't seen Jack since they argued and two years without him was enough to make Elsa feel unwanted and lost. She had lost all her self-esteem and was confused as to why he had just suddenly left. Sure, she had said some horrible things, but she had expected him to have returned by now.

Little did she know, Jack had been preparing with the Guardians to protect Elsa on what could be the most awful and life changing day of her life.

That was in two weeks' time.

She sighed and picked up her story book. Although she was almost 21, she still read from the book when he missed Jack, her story was there and it stayed the same, but she noticed that as the time went on, Jacks changed slightly.

Elsa knew this must mean his was alive and he was doing okay. It was the only way she could reassure herself that he wasn't completely gone from the world. Despite not being present in hers anymore.

She did miss Jack a lot and she wondered whether he missed her or perhaps, he had found someone else to care for.

Not that she felt for Jack in that way, or maybe she did? She couldn't decide. They weren't ever together, they hadn't ever kissed, she wouldn't even know how to.

Elsa sighed at her thoughts of Jack and closed the book, dropping it to the floor and collapsing on her bed. In two weeks, she would become queen of Arendelle and in two weeks she could see Anna properly.

Elsa wondered how much Anna had changed since they last met in the corridor outside her room when Jack stopped her before their argument.

She groaned and sat up. She was thinking about him again. Everything she thought about reminded her of Jack; the story book, Anna, her powers, Pitch.

He was just there, for the last two years he did nothing but think of him and miss him and she prayed he didn't hate her for what she had said.

What if he's at the coronation? Her brain wondered.

No, he won't be. He left you, another part of her brain scowled at her happy thoughts, pushing them away and she shook her head. Of course, he wouldn't come, why would he? He had probably found some other girl to watch over and protect, otherwise he would've returned by now.

Jack had had just about had enough of Bunnymund.

"For god sakes Bunny, it goes here!" He argued, placing the object on the desk, "Quit moving my things!" He yelled and Bunny just stood with his arms folded.

"All right grumpy pants, I just thought it looked better there to be honest."

Jack rolled his eyes, "I didn't ask for your opinion Rabbit. When I want it, I'll ask, but until then – stop touching my stuff!"

"Alright mate, calm down, it was just a suggestion." Bunny held his hands up when he saw Jacks eyes roll.

"You've been making 'suggestions' constantly since I got here and I'm a bit fed up. Just let me do my thing!" Jack suddenly angry, snapped and turned around slamming his fist on the desk, the picture frame falling to the floor and shattering, "dammit!" He scowled and knelt to the ground, picking up the pieces of glass trying not to cut himself.

It was a picture frame of Elsa. He missed her and in two weeks he would get to see her and change her story and make things right again. He'd make Pitch pay for what he did and how he made Elsa suffer. He would get to apologise for leaving and he could make up for lost time.

After he cleaned the glass up and Bunny had gone, he sat on the chair and rubbed his temples. The coronation operation needed to go perfectly otherwise he would never be able to fix what he did.