"I have a surprise for you." 

"Oh yeah, show me what'cha got."

Ariel grabbed his hand and pulled him up. She dragged him into the dining room where a full-course dinner consisting of New York strip steak, steamed vegetables, garlic potatoes, and Caesar salad awaited him. 

"Ya' made all 'dis?" 

"Yeah, I can do a little something in da' kitchen," she replied, telling a little white lie.

She wanted to hook this man, and allowing him to think that she could cook was a part of her plan. I'll buy 'dis nigga breakfast, lunch, and dinner for da' rest of his life if I have to. 

August looked at her with a
"quit bullshitting" expression on his face, but was flattered by her attempt to impress him. He took a seat at the table, and they enjoyed the food and drank an entire bottle of wine together.

They laughed and chatted like old friends, getting to know each other better, both of them hiding secrets that they couldn't tell if they wanted to. 

After they ate, August removed her plate from in front of her and took it into the kitchen along with his own. 

"Yo', Ari', whea' ya' garbage?" he yelled.

"It's in da' kitchen closet!" she yelled back. As soon as the words left her mouth, she hopped up out of her seat. "Wait!"

As soon as she walked into her kitchen, she saw August standing with the food delivery bags in his hands and a smile on his face.

"Homemade, huh'?"

"I never said homemade. Those were not my exact words," she defended playfully, knowing she had just been busted. 

August put the bags down and wrapped his arms around her waist, " 'Dats okay. Ya' don't have ta' know how ta' cook ma. We'll hire a chef."

Ariel laughed sweetly as she hid her face in his chest from embarrassment.

He lifted her face and kissed her lips gently, "I had a good time wit'chu. I haven't been 'dis comfortable witta' woman inna' long time."

"Good." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his lips again. 

She could feel the night coming to an end and wished she could turn back the hands of time and relive the last few hours again

"I've gotta' go luv'," he stated. He noticed her eyes go from happy to sad in a split second. 

Ariel nodded, "Don't make me wait another two weeks before you show your face again." She looked him in the eye seriously.

"Don't worry ma, I won't," he replied as he walked into the room and gathered his t-shirt. 

Ariel walked him to the door, and although she hated to see him go, she didn't protest. She didn't want to seem desperate, and she definitely didn't want to scare him off by being too clingy.