Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I nod, "I guess you're right. I better be heading over to hers. Please keep safe Lucas I don't want to lose you."

Leaning over I peck him on the lips, and he returns the kiss deepening it slightly but not enough to distract me again.

"I love you, Ethan."

A ghost of a smile appears on my lips, "I love you more Lucas."

~Rose's House~

"Can I get you a glass of water or something Ethan? I probably should have offered earlier when you arrived since I'd already made myself one."

"A glass of water would be nice Rose. Thank you."

She clambers off the bed and leaves her bedroom. I sigh and close the textbooks we didn't really need to be studying for right now. Taking the vial of sleeping powder out of my jacket pocket, I pop the top and tip it all into Rose's glass of water on the bedside table. Lucas assured me it was odourless, had no taste, and wouldn't turn the water murky which it seemed to be doing its job.

A few minutes later Rose comes back and hands me a glass of water before retrieving hers.

"I just had to say goodbye to my parents, they are having a date night tonight."

I nod, "sounds lovely, I can't wait for my next date night with Lucas."

Rose makes kissing noises as she downs the rest of her drink.

A few minutes pass and Rose starts to yawn. I stand up trying to make it look like I was busying myself as to not raise suspicion. While I'm rooting through my backpack a soft thud on the carpet behind me peaks my attention. Turning around I see Rose's empty glass on the floor and see her passed out on the bed.

"I'm really sorry about all this Rose, but Lucas says it's for the best."

I throw a few of her belongings into her backpack, enough stuff to last a day and a night and sling it over my shoulder. Now I just had to carry her unconscious body downstairs to my car without any of the neighbours finding out, luckily her parents had already left. I probably should have drugged her downstairs because I wasn't the most muscular guy in existence.

~Night~

ROSE

A yawn escapes my lips as I slowly open my eyes which felt like they'd been glued together with sleep. My head was kind of groggy as I tried to remember what had happened before I fell asleep. I knew Ethan had come over to study but that was pretty much it. My cheek was resting on a cold moving surface, yes a moving surface.

Rolling my head to the side so that I was looking straight ahead, I take notice that I was sat in a car. Whoever had put me in the car had taken the time to put my seatbelt because safety was important. The sky outside was dark, a good portion of time must have passed. But why was I in a car?

"You're awake Rose, I thought you'd be out longer."

I recognise Ethan's voice, sounding kind of quiet and anxious. He was driving his car and I was his passenger.

"What happened Ethan? What time is it? Where are we? Why are we in your car?"

Ethan chuckles nervously under his breath, "I lied to you Rose, well we all did. The fights happening tonight, Lucas gave me some sleeping powder to knock you out, and now we're a good three hours away from town."

I was gobsmacked and even more pissed off at what he was telling me directly. The four of them had gone behind my back and got me out of town.

"Pullover right now Ethan."