Time to think

5
Kurt was sitting on a bench in the backyard. The cool breeze ruffled his hair. Pale blue moonlight lit the grass and trees. He had been outside for a couple minutes, but for him it felt like hours. His mind was swirling with what had happened.

Rachel and Mercedes and convinced him to go out. They left him alone. He found Blaine. He mixed his drinks. He did get a little drunk and it did cloud his thoughts a bit. His friends were upset that he was drunk even though they wanted him to have fun. Rachel wanted to convince him to go back to McKinley, the place he loved yet feared.

Kurt sighed. His head throbbed. "Why is this so difficult?" He mumbled to himself. Leaning his head back he pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. A moment later he opens his eyes to see the stars. Smiling he slides his hand into his pocket to get his phone.

'11:39 pm' he has two new text messages, one from Rachel the other from Finn. He swipes his finger across the screen and enters his password.

To Kurt: I'm sorry, come back. -R

To Kurt: Kurt? where r u? -F

Kurt just rolls his eyes. They ditched him in the first place. Let them worry. He goes to put his phone back into his pocket when it starts to buzz. 'No Caller ID' Curious, Kurt answers. "Hello, Kurt speaking?" He says unsure of who he's talking to. "Hey Kurt." He recognized the voice but the loud background noise made it hard to hear. "Um, Who is this?" "Blaine Warbler."

"Oh, hey." Kurt sighed. "Is Rachel making you call me to make me come back?" Kurt asks, slumping back onto the bench. "Actually,no. I asked your friend Mercedes for your number." Blaine told him, The music in the background began to subside. "Why did you call me?" Kurt asks, interested. "I wanted to know if you're okay." Kurt could practically hear the blush in his voice. "I'm alright. Just needed time alone to think."

"You done yet?" Blaine asks. The music is almost silent. "I guess so. I just don't want to deal with Rachel." Kurt sighed into the phone. "Need a friend?" Someone says behind Kurt. He jumps, turning around to see Blaine standing behind him, phone on his ear.

Kurt smiles and waves, hanging up his phone before placing it in his pocket. "Beautiful." Blaine smiles. Kurt turns away, blushing. Blaine saw Kurt's reaction and begins to colour too "I've always like Jeff's backyard. It's really pretty." Blaine adds. Kurt silently sighed with relieve and disappointment. "You've been here before?" Kurt asks. "Yeah, this is my friend Jeffery's house. His parents let him throw parties every now and again. Doesn't happened often but when it does it's awesome." Blaine laughs.

"Shouldn't you go see your friends?" Kurt asks. "I can't leave you alone." Kurt tried not to blush but failed. "You know, you're very cute when you blush like that." Blaine chuckles. Kurt's face only got hotter. "May I sit with you?" Blaine asks as he walks over to the bench. Kurt nods.

"So why did you run out?" Blaine asks as he looks around the yard. "I didn't want to yell at my friends." Kurt said stiffly. "Yell? You already were." Blaine said, more quietly then before. "I know, but I didn't want to...explode?" Kurt tried his best to word it. He has 'exploded' before. It wasn't his favourite memory.

Blaine nods, understanding what Kurt had meant. "So you came out here to cool off." Blaine stated. "That and I needed to think." "About what, Kurt?" Blaine questioned. "What Rachel had said. What happened tonight. Feelings. It's all very confusing at the moment." Kurt exclaimed. "Didn't she say something about getting you drunk to convince you about something?" Blaine raises an eyebrow at Kurt.

"She wanted to get me to transfer back to my old school." Kurt let out a shaky breath. "And I just can't right now." Blaine nods understandingly. "Kurt, Um, I'm sorry for getting you drunk." Blaine looked like a little Labrador puppy that was scolded. "It's alright, Blaine. It's not the first time I've been intoxicated." Kurt laughed, trying lighten the mood. "Now I have to hear this." Blaine joked. "Alright." Kurt began.

"I was in grade nine, a lady named April Rhodes was in glee, don't ask, and she was trying to win us over so she could stay in glee club, don't ask about that either. Well, she gave me her collection of, um, grown up, magazines and gave me some of what I think was rubbing alcohol." By now Blaine was stifling his amusement. "So I was flat out drunk...At school. And I ended up throwing up on the school counsellor's shoes. They were lovely shoes too." Both boys cracked up by now.

"At least this time you didn't throw up on someone." Blaine said between his fits of giggles. "But, the night is still young." Kurt glared at him playfully. "Watch it, Blaine. I might just ralf on you next." Kurt threatened. "Help me! Kurt is threatening to up chuck on me!" Blaine yelled into the yard, attempting to contain his laughter. No one would hear them from inside, the music was too loud.

They were both on the ground, laughing. Their sides were killing them but they just couldn't stop laughing. "Ku-Kurt. We should go ba-back inside." Kurt nodded, still laughing. About four minutes later they had calmed down enough to sit up. "It's starting to get cold." Kurt commented. "It is almost November after all." "Yeah, I guess." Kurt shrugged, looking up at the sky.

"Your friend has a really beautiful yard." Blaine nodded in agreement. "You should meet him. He's a warbler too." Blaine smiled, not taking his eyes off of the navy blue sky. "I dont know, Blaine. He might not want to meet me." Kurt sighed heavily. Blaine detached his sight from the sky and turned to Kurt, looking into his eyes. Blues, greens and greys swirled together like Kurt's emotions.

"They will love you." Blaine said breathlessly. Kurt's eyes brightened a bit and his face turned rose pink. "Lets go." "Wai-" It was too late. Blaine already had Kurt's hand in his own and they were heading towards the house.