Blame it on the alcohol

1
Mercedes, Rachel and Kurt were sitting on Mercedes bed eating popcorn. "I've missed this." Kurt told the girls. "Awe, Kurt" Rachel cooed "We missed you too." Mercedes added. "Ever since you transferred Glee club has been so boring." Rachel said, Mercedes nodded. "Especially since I have no one to fight over solos with except Mercedes." She added, receiving a glare from Mercedes. Kurt laughed "It's nice to know I'm missed. It's hard being away from you guys and my dad for weeks at a time." Kurt said, receiving hugs from the girls. "We all miss you Kurt, everyone from Glee Club." Rachel told him as she released him from her hug.

"How is Dalton, Kurt?" Mercedes asks the boy. "Yeah, you haven't told us much about it." Rachel said skeptically. "It's nice. The boys there are nice, the classes are harder, people actually pay attention in class." Kurt told his friends while he ate some popcorn. "Just nice?" Mercedes smirked. "What do you mean by that?" Kurt said, already knowing what she had meant. "She means; do you have your eye on anyone?" Rachel answered.

"No... well not really." Kurt answered awkwardly "not really?" Mercedes questions. Rachel and Mercedes moved in closer to Kurt like it would help them hear the answer. "The guys are cute and all but-" Kurt started before he was interrupted "But nothing Kurt. If they're cute then go for it!" Rachel tells him, ignoring his glare. "But what if they're not gay?"

"Kurt, you'll never know if you never ask." Mercedes said to the boy. "Yeah, I'll go up to him and ask 'Are you gay?' You know that some people take that as an offence." Kurt's cheeks starting to get warm. Mercedes went quiet. "If you don't know what team he plays for just befriend him before you boyfriend him." Rachel suggested. Kurt was silent for moment, considering this. "And maybe he might just ask you out himself." Mercedes said, smiling. Kurt thought for a moment, his cheeks still pink.

"So, who is he?" Mercedes asked Kurt. "No one." His voice higher then usual, he was obviously lying. "Come on, Kurt." Rachel pleaded. Kurt sighed. "There is a guy I sorta like." "who?" Rachel said, her eyes wide. "Yeah, Kurt. Who is this boy?" Mercedes asks. "I don't want to jinx it." Kurt said, his face heating up. Mercedes rolls her eyes and smiles. "Fine don't tell us." Rachel said.

After an awkward silence Rachel blurted out "We should go do something fun." Mercedes nodded. "Yeah, we haven't done something fun since that whole Ke$ha week thing." Kurt looked at them "Are you guys suggesting we go out drinking?" Kurt asked the pair. Rachel and Mercedes looked at each other, smile slowly creeping on their faces.

"Oh, no, no, no." Kurt said waving his pointer finger in the air as he stood up to look at both of them. "Do you two not remember what happened last time I drank?" Kurt asked. "When was that?" Rachel asked innocently trying to contain her laughter. "April Rhodes, Me throwing up on Mrs.Pillsbury, I was sick for like two days." Kurt sighed. "Kurt, it was your first time, of course you felt sick." Mercedes said.

Kurt look at the two. "That may be so, and I don't want to end up like that again." Rachel looked at Kurt. "Kurt, we barely see you anymore. You are barely home on weekends because you're studying." Mercedes nodded "She's right, and when you are home we don't see you. You owe us at least one night of fun." Mercedes said to him. He knew she was trying to guilt him into going out with them to get drunk.

"Please?" Rachel said with a sweet smile. Kurt sighed heavily. "I guess we can go out for the night, just once." The girls shrieked and jump up and engulfed the boy in hugs once again. "You know this is peer pressure." He said through the hug. "Oh, we know." Mercedes laughed "Go get dressed you two." Kurt told the girls. "wait!" Mercedes said making Rachel and Kurt look at her. "Where are we going?" Kurt waved her off "I'll text Puck and ask him if there's any parties happening tonight." Kurt said pulling out his phone. "Good idea, He always knows."

To Puck: hey, is there a party anywhere tonight? -K

To Kurt: Bout time you came around dude! There's one tonight at some rich kids house @ 9 -P

To Puck: Send the address to Mercedes. Me her and Rachel will be there. -K

To Kurt: Cool, cya there. -P

He checked his watch; 8:21pm "Puck said there's a party tonight at 9" Kurt shouted to the girls upstairs. He had changed back into his blazer since he went straight to Mercedes from Dalton he had nothing else. He was in the down stairs bathroom fixing his hair, he decided to do it up in the front. Something he had just recently started doing. "Great, we'll be down in a minute!" Rachel yelled back.

By the time the girls went downstairs it was 8:37 pm. "Puck sent you the address, Mercedes." Kurt told the two "I'll drive. You leave your car here since you are staying the night anyways." Mercedes told Kurt while she grabbed her keys. Kurt took one last look in the mirror to make sure his hair was perfect.

"Are you really wearing your school uniform?" Rachel asked as she put on a pair of earrings. "I have nothing else." He sighed looking down at his outfit. "We can stop at your house. You said your dad was out tonight, right?" Mercedes suggested. "Yeah. He's out with Carol so I guess I can run in and change."

The trio walked to Mercedes' car and slid in. As Mercedes backed out of her driveway Rachel reached over and turned on the radio. After going through a few stations Rachel found one. Midnight Memories by One direction blared through the vehicle. The girls began to sing along to the song, earning a couple laughs from Kurt. He too soon started singing.

When the song came to a close Mercedes said to Kurt "I missed hanging with you and singing with you Kurt." Rachel turned around in her seat "Kurt, why can't you transfer back to McKinley? The guys can protect you, you know." She told him. "I'm sorry, I just can't go back. Not with Karofsky roaming the halls." Kurt sighed, his hands slightly shaking. He felt terrible about leaving his friends, Mercedes the most. "Finn, Puck, Sam and Mike can protect you! You kno-" Rachel began to explain to Kurt. "No Rach'. You don't know how bad it got. I can't." Kurt told her, his voice slightly shaking.

Mercedes went to say something to the boy but couldn't find the words. "We're here, hurry and change." is all she managed. Kurt nodded and ran up to his house, unlocking the door and rushing to his room. He stopped and breathed in the smell of his room. Lilac and his favourite hairspray. It smelt like home. A smile spread across his face just like every time he come home for the weekends.

In three long strides he was at his closet. Pulling out a pair of his favourite black skinny jeans, Red button up and grey vest. Simple but fashionable. He smiled, even in a rush he had great fashion sense. Stripping from his Dalton blazer he slid on his too tight jeans and pre ironed shirt, finally buttoning up his vest and pinned a little silver music note on top if his heart. The cherry on top. He ran down the stairs only stopping to open the door and lock it behind him. He jogged to the vehicle and hopped in.

"What's up sexy?" Mercedes joked winking at Kurt. "Seriously Kurt, how did you do it?" Rachel asked "Do what?" he asked as he checked his hair using his phones camera. "You chose that outfit in under five minutes!" She said, looking at him. "What can I say? It's a gift." he laughed. "What time is it, Kurt?" Mercedes asked. "um- 9:07" He answer before he slid his phone into his pocket. "Great, we're not to early." She said

"So, Rachel. What's the status with Finn?" Kurt asks her. "We're dating again." She smiled. Kurt raised an eyebrow at her, either she didn't see it or ignored it. "You two are so boy crazy. Emphasis on the Crazy." Mercedes laughed. "I don't have a man, but that doesn't stop me from being fabulous!" She said, snapping her fingers sassily. "So you're not interested in anyone?" Kurt asks her. "Of course I'm interested, doesn't mean I want to date." She said to him matter of fact. " awe, it's alright not to have a man." Rachel said. "It's not that, I just don't need a boyfriend to be happy." Mercedes smiled. "unlike some people." Kurt whispered to Mercedes. Rachel glared at them.

"Well, we're here." Mercedes said as she pulled up in front of a huge house. "This is one heck of a party." Rachel commented. There was already cars park along side the street, music can be heard a block away and the all the lights were on in the house. "It is a rich kids house. They probably throw these kind if parties every weekend." Mercedes commented. "Thats not true." Kurt said as he got out of the car. "And how would you know Mr. Smartypants?" Rachel joked. "I go to school with only rich kids." He said.