Chapter Three

God has blessed my school with wonderful teachers who guide us in our school courses and never seize to get tired of our endless questions. Apart from that they were so fun to be with, some even make you forget that they are your teachers. I remember one day when Talhatu misplaced her break money she was so sad that she started to cry. One of the teachers saw her and asked what happened when she finished explaining herself, he took her to the school cafeteria and told her to pick anything she wants. God! You need to be there to see Talhatu’s face. She was so happy! Naughty Mustapha who was also at the cafeteria said “o boy! How I wished it was my money that got missing! I could have bought the whole place.’’
“Kai! No think am! If your money should get missing ehn…You will cry till you get home, mara sa kai kawai.’’ replied Abubakar.
“Ah! It has not reach that level now! Na swear?” Mustapha asked playing with a bottle of Pepsi. Abubakar did not even bother to answer him.
None the less, there are still some other teachers that when they are in class you don’t attempt to talk because they must not hear “kpekem” everywhere has to be silent like a graveyard so that when a pin mistakenly fall from a desk, its sound can be heard in every corner of the classroom.
One faithful day, Salisu decided to interrupt the class when Mr. Joseph the civic teacher was teaching, the kind of knock he gave him on the head ehn! In his life he would never forget that day. I trust my seatmate, Ralia Jacob. She asked him how he was feeling the next day and he told her that if it were possible to take a whole pack of paracetamol (an analgesic) he could have taken it.
My classmates are so funny…not long after that incident two girls came late to the class and the teacher asked them where they were coming from.
“I am just coming from my house, my mother is sick so I had to take care of her before coming.”Fatima replied.
“And you?” our teacher asked Yahanasu.
“My mum travelled sir.”Yahanasu replied.
“Okay you can have your seats but if your mum is not sick and you say she is sick, she will get sick and you that said your mum travelled if it is not true she will have accident!” he said matter of fact. There was a chorus “AH” as we started murmuring amongst ourselves.
“Quiet class!” the teacher shouted.
“We are sorry sir that cause was too much we actually went to buy food and got delayed” Yahanasu said.
“Apology accepted. Next time don’t lie to me. Less I forget where is my own food? It seems I have not eaten!” He said writing some texts on the board and everyone started laughing in the class. 
       Every first term of the session, my school allows students to go to various places on excursion. My classmates and I were to visit Emirate Hotel, Kaduna. We were so excited that we would be leaving our school environment to visit other places. I had to beg my parents to pay the fee of N7000. This was not easy, I am sure many other students too, found it difficult to pay but with God all things were possible we were all able to pay the fees.
On the day we were to go for the excursion, my friends and I went to a small shop at the back of our school to buy junk foods and drinks to take along. We were very happy and anxious so we hurried back to the school to board our school bus. The principal of the college prayed for us before we embarked on our excursion which we all answered with a chorus “AMEN.’’  Immediately after the excursion, my classmates and I were to write a report on the excursion which was very mandatory so we had to be very attentive.
My excursion report read thus;
       INTRODUCTION
Many of us resumed the term with the excitement and anxiety of going on excursions. For the catering and craft practices students our excursion was to the Emirate hotel, Abuja and we made adequate preparations towards the excursion.
AT EMIRATE HOTEL, KADUNA;
Robin Kelley, the human resources personnel received us warmly at the gate and showed us round the hotel. He told us that there were one hundred and ninety five rooms in the hotel. A hotel, by the Oxford Advanced Learner’s dictionary is a building where people stay, usually for a short time, paying for their rooms and meals.
TYPES OF ROOMS IN EMIRATE HOTEL
-Super deluxe room which is the smallest room in the hotel.
-Studio room.
-Ambassadorial suite
-Royal suite
-Executive suite
-Presidential suite: it is the largest hotel room in the hotel with well equipped facilities.
The hotel is divided into various sections which include;
*Recreation centre: it is where people relax and enjoy themselves when they are not working. Examples of recreational centers are the gym and swimming pool.
*Laundry section: it is a place where clothes, sheets etc are washed, dried and ironed with various equipments such as; the washing, drying and spinning machine.
*Food and beverages: here food and beverages are served.
                       CONCLUSION
Despite the fact that the excursion was short and brief, it was indeed a worthwhile experience and most of us learnt a lot.
Some of us were wondering how come I still have that report with me (chuckles). I have a mini-library at home where I keep all my school exercise books, continuous assessments, excursion reports and the likes. So it wasn’t hard to bring that out! 

Yippee, I'm so sorry for the late update. 
Please don't forget to vote and drop your comments.