ONE

I finished secondary school some few months ago and here I am waiting for admission into higher institution. But, before that, let me tell you about my experience while I was in senior secondary school because hmm…. let me just tell you what I can remember about my classmates, friends, teachers and my school entirely.
         Each time I remember any of these incidents, I just laugh out loud having no one to discuss them with: that is the reason why I am taking my time to tell you everything from Genesis to Revelation because you are very special. Common! Are you ready? Oya, now make I gist you ….
         My name is Layla Haruna. My classmates call me Larry. Some of my classmates call my name as if they were pronouncing “lorry,” very naughty set of people. I am so used to the nickname that I sometimes forget my real name is Layla! Because everywhere I go people are always larry-ing me.
I was born into the family of Mr and Mrs Haruna Danladi on the 17th June 2000. I am the first child of my parents and I have two siblings who are both girls, Hannatu and Asabe Haruna. I hail from Kano state and I aspire to be a psychologist. I am the shortest in my house which my sisters take good advantage of, because sometimes when we go out and we meet one of their classmates on the road they will be like “I never knew you had a junior sister.” It normally freaks me out but now I am used to it because I won’t take any nonsense from anybody. My sisters will always tell my bestie that as short as I am I can do and undo at anytime which makes them tease and laugh at me. At a point in time they started calling me “smallie”. Trust me I rejected the name fast like how lightening strikes banana tree. It is not that am very short but there is a big difference in height between me and Hannatu who is the second born of the family. Nonetheless, I am proud of who I am! Apart from being short, I am blessed with long dark hair which suits my fair complexion, along with a bottled shape figure which makes every guy I pass by take a second look at me. I am proud of what my mama gave me. I am sure you don’t expect me to do this, I have a bad habit of picking my nose with the pad of my fingers like every nanoseconds!
I love to eat noodles (most especially indomie) and egg, maybe that is the reason why I am short. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper. The food never tires me. I also like to engage in sports, which my favorite is badminton. It gives me energy and also makes me feel good and happy.  My favorite colours are white, purple, green and blue. I love to wear trousers compared to skirt. I think skirt makes me look older than my age. I love to sleep at my leisure time. Seriously, I can sleep for Africa. My mother will always say, “Larry, you better mind the way you sleep, you sleep like a dead person. Sometimes more or less like kpomo soaked in water (kpomo is an animal skin)”. Apart from sleeping at my leisure time, I love listening to good music most especially “blues”, the funniest part is I don’t know how to dance but at least I can shake my body. I am also lazy to some certain extent, don’t mind me o, that is just how I am and it is not that I don’t do anything at all, at least I cook every day for my family. My mother is the second in command at home. She resigned from cooking some few months ago. She will say, “When I have someone of your age in the house, and you can cook, don’t you know that is an insult? If you like burn the food or add too many seasonings that is how we will all eat it. You are old enough to marry my dear.” The last statement always elicits a stare at me from anyone present which makes me feel like bolting for the next exit. It used to be very embarrassing and I don’t hesitate to tell my mum that I don’t like what she is doing. God, she will just look at me and smile as if I were speaking French!   

I attended ST.MICHAEL’S ANGLICAN COLLEGE, BIDA ROAD, KADUNA. It is very easy to locate, it is opposite high court and by the left of my school is Access Bank of Nigeria, and looking from the right hand side is the police headquarters. My school is a very big school. When you enter the school through the main entrance, you will find various flowers arranged vertically at each sides of the gate. By the right of my school is where the security men reside of which the school cafeteria is not very far from, and at the left of the gate is the school’s biological garden where various herbs, shrubs and trees could be found. From there, one can clearly see the school building which is painted in blue of two shades (dark and light blue). It is a three storey building with nine laboratories on its third floor, the second floor has a sum of nine classrooms where the senior students occupy and the first floor is the junior students’ classrooms along with the staff room. The last floor houses the administrative offices along with the school library and each floor consists of a lavatory. The principal’s office is directly facing the main entrance of the school so she sees who comes in and out of the school. The second entrance to the school leads to the schools’ hall and recreational centre where different sporting activities take place.

I'm sorry... I'm still editing this book. I just added some few things to it... It's still the same with little changes.
Don't forget to press the "vote" button  below... Drop your comments too. Thanks for always!!!