2. The Confession

"Please come fast yaar. She is dying here."  Faiz yelled in the phone.

"Are you gonna tell me what exactly happened to her?" I asked being annoyed and tensed at the same time.

"She is in a critical situation. I'm sorry that I didn't make any effort to tell you that she is a dying patient. I... I could not. But, all she needed now is you. She asked to see you for the last time. Please come fast Alphy." I could feel the pain in his voice.

"Atleast for now, you should consider her feelings." He hung up the call leaving me in a miserable plight.

I took a reverse turn before heading straight to the hospital. I knew, I was going to miss a big deal with this.

But I had to see her. Just as he said, I had to consider her feelings atleast for now.

Tesah Jacob had been working in my office for the last six months. Before that, the place was not less than a cemetery. People worked hard like machines.

Since then, I didn't know how, everyone turned out to be total wastes behaving like maniac. They enjoyed a lot messing up meetings, pranking others, having parties almost everyday for God knows why.

Everyone was like collegemates. Except me! I had always wished to join them to have fun but the great position, so called 'boss' made me to confine in my world letting myself to have a bored life.

I knew how much Tesah liked to invite me everytime for non-existing parties. It was her daily routine to have a talk with me, even if it lasts for a minute, at any cost. She never wanted me to reply. My single glance was enough to fill her heart with immense joy.

I used to wonder, how could someone be so low that, she herself spread rumours about her relation with the boss. Yeah, the me.

But Tesah was like that. She got some sort of pleasure hearing her name along with me.

Thinking of her condition, I could feel my hands shivering making my driving uncomfortable.

Since six months, nothing captured my attention more than her. Tesah.  Eventhough I never felt the thing she felt for me, she was always in my mind. My days start with her greetings and nights with her never replied back texts.

I parked aside my car and ran inside while my eyes kept searching here and there.

Out of a sudden, "Alphy?" Faiz ran to my side before dragging me to somewhere.

I didn't know why but my head was spinning as the vision began to blur.

Where are we going? Where is Tesah? Will anything happen to her?

My heart kept beating insanely thinking of it. Thinking of losing her. But, what happened to me?

Seeking a fullstop to my thoughts, we entered a room which was packed with many whom were none other than my collegues. But I didn't feel the need to look anyone of them. The only thing I saw there was Tesah.

She was lying on the bed with an unreadable face. Her eyes held the view of ceiling. Out of a sudden, her eyes caught me. She seemed to be lifeless.

I had never seen her that way before. And I didn't like to see her that way for some unknown reason.

For the first time, I felt a different kind of emotion clouding her eyes. I walked to her with trembling feet. I was not bothered about others.

What had happened to myself? I couldn't control my heartbeat as it kept raising wildly.

"Tesah.." I sat beside her giving much surprise to everyone. She turned her look to the otherside leaving me disappointed.

I had no idea why but I took hold of her hand making her to face me.

With that, she lost her control, bursting out in cry. "Alphy, I..." She stammered.

"I'm sorry Alphy. Sorry for everything. I annoyed you a lot. Always messed up your plans, made fun of you, insulted you, what not! I was enjoying everything without considering your state of mind. I'm really sorry.." Her voice shook with emotions.

"But it was all because.. I, I like you." A drop escaped her eyes.

I felt a nerve eventhough it was the most obvious thing I have ever heard.

"I know you have nothing like that. But still.." Lacking words, Tesah held her face down.

I didn't really know what to do then. But much to my surprise, I said it.

"I, I love you Tesah..."

I looked deep into her eyes while she held mine.

The next second I could hear my eardrums dancing, "APRIL FOOOOOL!!!" Everyone roared like maniacs. Being clueless, I stared at everyone.

"Oh my god! Atlast you said it? That's our plan!" Faiz let out a triumphant smile.

"It really did work yaar." Someone  passed a horrible laugh.

I turned to look her. Tesah. She tried to control her smile palming her mouth.

"What is happening?" I exhaled deeply.

"You really think she is a dying patient?" Asked Faiz, controlling laugh.

I shook my head in disbelief. I felt like dizzing.

What the..? So, she was alright? Oh jeez! What did I just tell?

"This is too much. I'm gonna kill you guys." I shouted at those sheepish faces.

"Well, we want a treat from you boss." Smiled Faiz.

"Yeah, I will give a treat before firing you people." It made effort to fade their smiles.

"Don't you have anything to say?" I asked, gazing at Tesah.

"I love you too..." Suddenly, a small curve formed my lips.

"Ahem ahem." I could hear the hmphing and non existing cough among them.

"What if I say this is also a part of our plan?" Tesah passed a naughty look.

"I will kill you." I smiled before pulling her to a hug.

I really didn't know what happened to me. I had never felt a thing for her before. But, when I thought of losing her, I could not even breath. Maybe...

God is so great you know? If those idiots had not planned so, I would not get an oppurtunity for this self realization.

Like some one said, everything happens for a reason..

_______

Hey all, how was the story? Did you enjoy it?

Please keep supporting through Votes and Comments..

See you in the next update,
Take care : )