“No, Mike isn’t awake,” Ted monotonously said, back into the phone, “Do you want us to tell him you’ve called?”

Will’s eyes widened.

“No!” He exclaimed, a bit too loud for his liking. He quieted down after getting a concerned look from his mother, “Uhh…I- I mean, no thanks. I’ll just talk to him later. Bye!”

Will immediately hung up the phone, his heartbeat racing. A million thoughts raced through Will’s mind. He wondered what the hell he was going to next. His sudden boldness from yesterday dwindled into complete cynicism. Will realized he only took his feelings into consideration, not even taking into account on how Mike would feel about this. Although his three closest friends were aware of Will’s sexuality, Will himself didn’t even know if Mike liked boys…in that way. What if this destroyed their friendship?

There was no way Mike could read the note behind that picture. Will had to get it away from his possession at all costs.

That was when he decided to call Dustin and Lucas.

----------

“Jesus Christ, Will, did we really have to come here this early?” Lucas groaned, leaning forwards on his bike. Dustin was next to him, also on his bike, his sleepiness not leaving him anytime soon.

They all stood in front of Will’s house after Will had hectically called them and insisted it was an emergency.

“Yeah, are you sure whatever you’re going to tell us is as bad as it sounds?” Dustin added, “I’ve never woken up this early in ages…on a Sunday.”

That was when Will bit his bottom lip, nervousness creeping up on him. He was going to have to do this and he was going to need their help to do whatever he had planned out.

“I…I…kinda need help with taking something away from Mike’s room.”

The short boy could feel sweat gather on his palms, afraid of what his friends were going to do. Although he knew how loyal his friends were to him and how willing they were to do all kinds of peculiar activities together, he wasn’t sure they would actually go through this with him. It was a strange request that would end in utter turmoil if they made the slightest mistake. It was quiet for a short while until Dustin and Lucas caught on, the edginess in Will’s voice making it easier for them to do so.

“You mean break into his house and steal?!” Lucas blurted out. Will immediately hushed Lucas as his voice was loud.

“No! That’s not what I’m trying to say! We’re not going to steal anything!” Will replied, frustration in his voice, “…Just let me finish.”

When Will gathered his thoughts together, he spoke up again. He was going to have be straightforward about this and tell them the truth. Lying about it would dig him into an even deeper hole than he was in already.

“You…you see I drew a picture of him earlier this week,” Will began, looking downwards, “and I wrote a long note on the back of that picture. Yesterday, I slid that under his bedroom door and there’s just some really embarrassing stuff on it.”

He cursed himself for not articulating that well enough.

“Then just ask him to rip it up and throw it away in the trash without looking at it; no biggie,” Dustin shrugged, “…I mean, this isn’t something to wake us up at 8:00 for.”