T... for The 'K'!

Start from the beginning

"Hey", the man in question appeared just then.

Ah! Now His Highness decides to grace us with his presence!

"Go away. I don't want to talk to you." She continued munching the jalebis.

Arnav looked at the woman, scratch that girl, err... a mix of both, in front of him. Khushi was sitting at the edge of the pool with her feet dipped in water, a plate of jalebis in her hand.

"You called me almost ten times in 15 minutes and sent so many texts asking me to meet you and that you wanted to talk to me. I thought it was something very important and now when I come, you say you no longer want to talk to me. Ajeeb ho!"

If you are wondering if this is some tiff between love birds wherein the girl is angry while her lover is trying to calm her, then you are gravely mistaken.

"Arrey, of course it is important", Khushi bit back. "But can't you see that I am eating jalebis? I can't talk to you now. I waited for so long. You should wait too."

As much as he admired her savouring her favourite sweet, he was not in the mood to entertain her antics.

"Khushi..", he said seating himself beside her."Do you even realise that there is sangeet going on and here you are munching these goddamn jalebis?"

"Hmm...", Khushi replied without even looking at him.

Arnav snatched the plate from her hand. "Arnav. Give me my jalebis back."

"First you will say what you wanted to speak about and then you will get these back."

"No. First jalebis."

Khushi tried reaching for the plate which Arnav had held high, above her reach.

"Arnav.." She tried harder but almost lost her balance when Chilli came to her rescue by steadying her holding her waist. Unbeknownst to them, someone was smiling looking at the snapshot. Arnav's hand was resting on Khushi's waist while Khushi's on Arnav's chest. The couple seemed to be lost in each other's eyes. Ah! The perfect shot.

"Khushi if you don't speak now, I am going to throw these jalebis in the pool."

"Haww! How can you be so mean?"

"I am mean. Now speak."

Realising that she could not have her way she said, "Fine", she said with a scowl. (How could she bear her jalebis to be thrown in the pool?) "I wanted to speak about this." She flashed her phone in front of him.

"How could you do this, Arnav?"

Arnav looked at the picture of the offer letter from RHF.

"I trusted you with my secret, Arnav. I let you know my decision about pursuing my dream and now I see this letter. You said I should follow my dream. How will I do it if I have to work on stupid deals? I don't even like working on them. Moreover, NK shares my cabin. That idiot has no other work other than irritating me. I should not have told anything to you. God, why did I even get drunk that night? Jiji is right. I cannot handle alcohol at all. Again, it was not my fault at all. That idiot NK had spiked my dr..."

Before Khushi could continue with her tirade, Arnav silenced her.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you speak too much?"

"Mmmpph..." Khushi chewed the jalebi that was stuffed in her mouth. Why was Arnav accusing me of speaking too much? That too like it is a crime. I mean I get a jalebi for speaking which means it is a good thing. Yeh Chilli bhi na! Her internal musings were again stopped.