O... for Ouch!

Chapter 1: O... for Ouch!

"C.O.M.E."

He gritted his teeth as he opened his car door for her. She entered quietly. He swiftly took the driver's seat. His slamming of the door clearly indicated that he was angry.

"Imagine the door had a mouth. It would have cried in pain with the way you have slammed it." She commented dryly.

"You have a very creative imagination, Ms. Gupta. But it is enough that you have a mouth and you use it more often than needed. So it will be a good thing to not use both your imagination and your mouth at the same time unnecessarily."

A blow to the Jalebi's ego meant her rebelling in a way that it would affect Chilli in the wrong way.

She remained silent for fifteen long minutes. He sneaked a glance at her, only to find her staring...at HIM! She was looking at him like she would watch any scenery.

"Khushi, if you are done staring at me, I suggest you call up Mr. Singhania and inquire him about the models." He spoke without turning towards her. He didn't want to look at her face.

She looked the least perturbed. She sighed and said, "Though I am not done looking at you, I will as well do what you said." He was caught off guard. But he was not ASR for nothing. He schooled his features, ignoring her cheesy remark.

He stopped as the signal turned red. He gripped the steering in frustration. "Damn. Why is the traffic so slow today?" He muttered under his breath. He was getting stuck at every single stop. The Delhi traffic was at its worst. Right on cue, the red turned into green. He was about to sigh in relief and had just accelerated when he had to apply brakes again as a pedestrian walked passed his car. "F**k", he swore, "Couldn't this moron cross the road when the vehicles were at a standstill?" He was getting late and all this was adding to his already irritable mood.

"Mr. Singhania is on line. He wants to speak to you."

He connected the call to his Bluetooth and continued speaking.

"Hello"

"Yes, Mr. Singhania?"

"What? No way, damn it. I want all the fifteen of them today. I can't afford to waste a whole day on this rather petty thing. Better see that it is done or kiss your job goodbye."

Why was this fellow this rude? Well every single person who has worked with him, would dare not ask such a question. After all, it was not something new. But Jalebi here felt the dire need to add fire to the Chilli.

"This is rude." She spoke. He closed his eyes, albeit the beast in him would show its presence. "Why are you hell bent on spoiling my day? And it has been only two days. God knows how many more days I have to tolerate you", he spat.

Both their thoughts drifted to the day before, when the Jalebi and Chilli had really collided and the Clash of Titans had begun once again.

~0~

2 days ago,

"You are late." She calmly stated. He looked at her as if she had lost her head. "Do you have something called 'sense of time'?" She shook her head in exasperation. "This is getting worse. You should learn to be punctual." It was now his turn to be exasperated.

"Move." One word containing four letters but the intensity and authority with which it was delivered will astound everyone on Earth, but not the fiery Jalebi.

"You owe me an explanation."

Five words. Yet those few words were enough to spoil the calmness of our usually calm Chilli.